ESPN is a joke

BuffaloBlood

ESPN.coms insider has the following story:

There are some who don't see Terrell Owens drawing much interest on the free agent market after this season's one-year contract is up with the Buffalo Bills. Just don't include T.O. himself in that cohort. "Realistically I could see at least two to three" more seasons, Owens said to Jay Glazer on the reporter's "After Party" show last week.

The Buffalo News had word on Thursday that Owens would be interested in returning to Buffalo ... if they'll have him. "I'm not going to limit myself in discounting any type of situation," Owens said. "For me, I know I can play." With Owens and Lee Evans both hitting free agency this offseason, as well as many needs across the roster (and on the coaching staff), it's tough to say whether the Bills will have money left over to retain Owens.

But there's another wildly interesting possibility, a return to where it all started for T.O.: the San Francisco 49ers. "Maybe to remove the curse, they have to put me back in that uniform," Owens said recently, per the Sacramento Bee. The curse is that no Niners wideout has come close to the 1,000 receiving yards mark since Owens' departure. Owens himself had five such seasons while in Frisco. Given the emergence of Michael Crabtree at WR and Vernon Davis as a glorified receiver at TE, we consider this one unlikely.

So how many teams will he have to choose from? NFL Insider Adam Schefter emailed us with his take on the market for T.O. in 2010:

Ummmm dont I recall Evans signing a contract extention last year.......... how do you write this and not know that?