Club Med Training Camp = Injuries

AtlBills

Does anyone else think the Jaron era Training Camp farce has a direct correlation to our 3 year run of massive injuries. Granted, you can't help those injuries that will happen regardless of conditioning, ie Wood's leg fracture, but it seems the Bills are just not in football shape once the season starts and the real hitting starts. I firmly believe the soft camp directly impacts our injury bug. Just see D Bell, and the host of others. These guys are not in football shape, not matter how good they look in OTA's.

I'm not advocating beating each other up day after day, but you need to hit in Camp, its Football! Hopefully the next HC will not make these same mistakes and go with the players who are physical and hit. Scrap this horrible Cover 2 , light quick player. It makes me sick to see Cushing and Matthews flying around ball, making plays, and seeing our undersized project Maybin cheerleading from the bench.

Does anyone else think the Jaron era Training Camp farce has a direct correlation to our 3 year run of massive injuries. Granted, you can't help those injuries that will happen regardless of conditioning, ie Wood's leg fracture, but it seems the Bills are just not in football shape once the season starts and the real hitting starts. I firmly believe the soft camp directly impacts our injury bug. Just see D Bell, and the host of others. These guys are not in football shape, not matter how good they look in OTA's.

I'm not advocating beating each other up day after day, but you need to hit in Camp, its Football! Hopefully the next HC will not make these same mistakes and go with the players who are physical and hit. Scrap this horrible Cover 2 , light quick player. It makes me sick to see Cushing and Matthews flying around ball, making plays, and seeing our undersized project Maybin cheerleading from the bench.

You been working on this theory for the last four months now?

I think this is more of a product of the type of players that we are putting on the field (smallish/quick) and the Strength and Conditioning rather than camp.

Levy ran a camp that was often referred to as "Camp Marv" because of how light and soft it was. Yet there were not near the injuries...

I dont think its just a "Bills" problem. Its a league wide thing. There is so much emphasis on getting bigger and stronger that the players bodys are under so much stress that they wear out faster and easier. Plus the equipment is outdated, especially helmets. I dont remember seeing as many concusions ever as i have seen this year. The helmets need to be upgraded and fast.

Now im no doctor its just my opinion, but i did stay at a holliday inn last night!