ESPN guy calls Fitz a rookie QB?

bills_red

Guest dog14787
I turned on ESPN and I think it was Steve Young taking about the QBs in tonights game and he called Fitz a rookie QB like 8 times. WTF? How do you think Fitz is a rookie?????

Fitz is not very far from it when it comes to actual on the field experience during game day which is why this young fella is only going to get better in my opinion.

I turned on ESPN and I think it was Steve Young taking about the QBs in tonights game and he called Fitz a rookie QB like 8 times. WTF? How do you think Fitz is a rookie?????

Hey, that's not so bad. I was listening to Mortensen on Mike & Mike this morning, and they were pre-viewing tonights game. Both Mikes were talking about Sanchez and the Jets, while Mort was saying "Jets" but talking about the Dolphins players & coach(referred to Ricky Williams and Tony Sparano)... one Mike (the metro-sexual one) corrected him, and Mort referred to having early sings of Alzheimers...very strange...I know most here hate Mortenson (I don't), but that was about as bad a screw up as I have ever heard, that wasn't caught pretty quickly. It was kind of embarassing...not only for Mort. It also indicates how far off the map the Bills have fallen with the national media types.

FWIW, Mort sees there being a market for Terrell Owens next season, mentioned the Bears as a possible landing place for him... also Mort thinks that Trent Edwards has some talent, and doesn't necessarily think his NFL carreer is over...likes Fitzgerald....

He's not very far from it when it comes to actual on the field experience during game day which is why this young fella is only going to get better in my opinion.

This is his 4th season. Not many starts in that time, but he doesn't really have the rookie excuse at this point.

I think Fitzpatrick has played it smart this year. Throw it to TO and he'll make you look good. That's something Trent couldn't figure out (which is kind of disturbing). And he communicates well with his teammates. You can see it when you watch the game. After the offense leaves the field, he's over there talking to his receivers and coaches about what they could have done differently, or what they need to do on the next series based on coverages they're seeing. That was also frustrating when Edwards was the starter. He always seemed to be by himself on the sidelines after each series.

What Fitzpatrick lacks is pure athleticism. He's not as gifted as guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, or Palmer. He's maybe 6'2", but doesn't make up for it with great accuracy or arm strength like Brees does. He has trouble seeing over the o-line across the middle. He doesn't have that killer instinct that you look for in clutch situations (although he has shown flashes, like the late game audible to Owens last week).

We'll see what he's got the rest of this year. He could end up being worthy of a starting position, or at least a good guy to have around if we do end up bringing in a rookie.