I think its time we start bracing ourselves that

This is pathetic. Why even call Cowher before you know if he is interested? It would be pretty easy to find out... the NFL is a small world. Shared agents, former players, coaches. How hard would it be to float the question before an 'official' phone call is made? This tells me that this search is a charade. Ralph and Brandon probably were caught off guard that Shanahan even agreed to an interview.

Because they are not in high school anymore. Man-up and call the person your interested in speaking too. If you take a call to Cowher as this all being a charade, you should probably stop thinking so much.

why would Marty be a disappointment? Because he's never won a super bowl? We've never had a super bowl winning coach before and even if got one, what would it mean. Marty is a guy I'd love to see. His teams play physical football, typically with good defense and he wins! At this moment, Bills fans need to see some crawling before we walk or run. We've smelled the playoffs once in 10 years but we didn't get to taste.

My short list:

1. Shanahan

2. Marty

3. Fisher (who's not gonna get fired)

4. Zimmerman (Cin. DC)

5. Holmgren