Shanahan would not work

genomich

Clarett...

Thought we had a "player" in Losman...

this is one of the dumbest posts ive seen lately

You're basing this on him taking a chance with a mid round pick on Clarett and saying the Bills had a player in JP...yeah that sure is enough to say he wont work...just stupid

I guess you dont give him any credit for always finding guys that help produce one of the best running games in the NFL...I guess you also dont give him any credit for using a mid round pick on Brandon Marshall? say what you want about his off the field issues but he has turned into one of the best receivers in the game and a great find considering he was a 4th round pick

I think the big knock on Shanny in Denver was not his offense, he is afterall the Mastermind. His negative side was always the defensive side of the ball and was never able to make the right DC hire to complement his offense.

Picking two players that were airball judgements over the past 5 years is not really a telling sample for judgement. Apply those same strict standards to Bills draft picks and what do you get - total ineptitude

the mistake Shanahan kept making with the defense was bringing in other teams bust d-lineman thinking he could make them work but it never did

Shanahan was an effective coach, but I never got the feeling he was a complete coach, just a niche guy on offense.

My thoughts as well, but that can be ok as long as he gets a good, established defensive coordinator and gives him the authority to make the decisions about the D.