Head Coach

thewildrabbit

It is rumored that Ralph Wilson realizes this could be his last head coaching hire and he wants to make a big splash. Mike Shanahan is one name that is rumored along with several others.

This is a very smart move on Wilson's part because he can choose from numerous really good ex super bowl winning coaches and get a jump on next seasons coaching carousel.

Mike Shanahan- Bill Cowher-Brian Billick- Jon Gruden- Mike Holmgren- Jimmy Johnson-Dick Vermeil.

Although I wouldn't be really upset if he didn't hire Shanahan, as long as whomever the head coach is, he hires a great offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator. Don't get me wrong here, I'd love Shanahan to come here, if for nothing else then overhaul the offensive playbook.

When Bill Polian hired Marv Levy I was like, who the f is Marv Levy...oh god not the tool who tried to run the wing T at KC. Ok well, he did win 3 Grey cups up north,but so what ...

But then Marv hired Ted Marchibroda, the ex Colts head coach who had brought along Bert Jones. I said holy cow I gotta have season tickets to the Buffalo Bills and went over and bought them, and held on to them all thru the Bills super bowl years.

As long as a head coach is a great motivator it really doesn't matter if he can run the defense or offense as long as he hires the right people to do that for him.

Let's face it, Mike Nolan is the reason Denver went to 6-0 this season and Cam Cameron is a big reason a first year head coach had so much success with a rookie QB last season in Baltimore.

My take is, first thing Ralph Wilson needs to hire a Bill Polian clone who can bring in the talent, then great coordinators. The real genius behind the Bills super bowl runs was Bill Polian, the very same guy who has had the Colts in the playoffs the last 10 years.

Shanahan and his failure in Denver was because he failed to find and hire a great defensive coordinator.