Safety Bryan Scott now a LB.....???

VJ91

I have never seen an NFL team force players to switch to different positions as much as this '09 edition of the Buffalo Bills. I'm ready for DJ to announce that he is now going to just play his best 22 athletes both ways, and cut everyone else!

Let's reveiw shall we?:

1) Hangartner, career back up guard / center starts at center.

2) Eric Wood, one of the best pure centers coming out of the draft, is forced to switch to guard and starts.

3) Brad Butler, who played a nice full season at right guard after playing mostly tackle in college, is forced to switch back to right tackle, and starts, until his season ending injury.

4) Lansgton Walker, an average but decent career right tackle, is forced to switch to left tackle and run it out of a full time no huddle, but sucks so badly, is cut.

5) Andy Levitre, a better then average rated right tackle out of college, is drafted, forced to swith to guard, and starts.

6) Nic Harris, a hard hitting saftey out ot college, is immediately switched to linebacker, looks terrific there in the preseason, loses out to undrafted rookie Ashlee Palmer for depth chart playing time, is switched back over to safety due to injuries, and now I have no idea where is listed on the roster???

7) Bryan Scott earns the starting strong safety position last year due to Donte Whitner getting injured each and every game he plays in. Scott keeps his starting job into this season, then suffers injuries himself, comes back from his injuries, and is immediately forced to switch to linebacker.

8) Donte Whitner, the man that was drafted number 8 overall by Marv Levy to "solidify the middle of the Bills' defense" as his future "Troy Palamalu" type strong saftey, is now officially lost in limbo. He was forced to switch to free safety last year during the games he wasn't injured, and seemed to play well next to Scott. Naturally he gets injured starting the season at free safety again this season, which opened the door for Jarius Byrd to come in as a rookie and lock up the starting free safety position for about the next 12 years barring his own injuries. So now what for Whitner if he can actually play this week? Back to strong safety again? I guess that will make Marv Levy happy, but not as happy as the Titan's tight ends, thats for sure!

By the way, if the Bills are pushing Scott off to linebacker just to appease Whitner, if indeed Whitner is starting at SS today, the only thing that will accomplish is for Vince Young to have a better day throwing and running the ball, while Scott obviously struggles starting a position he's never played. In addition as a bonus, Palmer and Harris are left on the bench wondering just WTF is going on??

Boy I hope Vic Carucci is right about Ralph bringing in a real football man next year. Not only can these coaches not win football games, but at the same time they are stunting the natural careers of potentially good players by forcing them to play every other position but long snappers!!! :(

Why was Wood play G at the SBowl? Because teams thought he could play G or C.

You are dumb as hell. EVERY scout said Andy would HAVE to move inside to G because of his small arms.

Nic Harris ran like a 4.8 40, you really want him at S, no, scouts said he would HAVE to move to OLB.

I could go on more but saying it is DJ falut for moving players to their right pos. is crazy and I don't like DJ. Ellison sucks, how bad can Scott be at LB, at least he is trying to fix it.

Season is lost. Either Maybin or Harris should be starting at LB to see if they can play there next year. If Scott is ready to play put him at SS for another week so Lil Donte'a ankle can heal up for one more week. Then next week Donte and Jarius start together hopefully for a very long time.

Today's starting lineup, per Sal M.: Byrd/Wilson at S, B. Scott at LB.

Unfortunately, the B doesn't stand for Bart.

Can't convince me as to why Nic Harris, who has been learning and studying the position since he was drafted, is being kept on the bench, while Scott tries to play a position that is totally foreign to him. Nic Harris has made plays during his time spent in the game, why keep him on the bench?! Find out what you have in him. Why is Hardy inactive?! Find out what you have in him...

Why was Wood play G at the SBowl? Because teams thought he could play G or C.

You are dumb as hell. EVERY scout said Andy would HAVE to move inside to G because of his small arms.

Nic Harris ran like a 4.8 40, you really want him at S, no, scouts said he would HAVE to move to OLB.

I could go on more but saying it is DJ falut for moving players to their right pos. is crazy and I don't like DJ. Ellison sucks, how bad can Scott be at LB, at least he is trying to fix it.

Thank you. I do enjoy being "dumb as hell." By the way, WHEN Eric Wood moves over to center next year, you can go ahead and call yourself "dumber then dumb as hell." Because the real football coach running the Bills next year will cut Hangartner or stick his sorry butt back on the bench. And a real NFL coach would have started Wood at center from day one.

And if Nic Harris is such a natural linebacker, why did the Bills move him back to safety at all? And if Harris is now back at his "natural NFL position of LB", after looking so promising there every time he's been allowed to play, why not just let him start with Palmer backing him up. so Scott can come back and continue his good playing at strong saftey, which has been his only position he's played in the NFL so far??

I'll tell you why, because DJ and Fewell and the coaches on the Bills are the ones that are "dumb as hell."

And one last thing. I would rather have Andy Levitre starting at right tackle for the Bills this season, with his freakin' midget arrms and all, then any of the bartenders the Bills have brought in off the street. At least Levitre would have gone into practice playing the same position he played in college, right Einstein? And I bet Levitre would be a better option if kept out there at RT, then the 5th round draft pick that ended up on the Packers practice squad that the Bills picked up and are now starting, the awesome Jamon Meredith. Or is he still injured too? :(