JP starts the Miami game

Mikie2times

Considering the weather this time of year at the Ralph, and that were playing a passing team, I expect a game plan very similar to the Jets/Cardinals game. Willis will run the ball 30+ times and Bledsoe will be put in a position to simply not mess up. At home he has been able to fulfill that role so far this year and you can bet your house JP won't start until we see another Bledsoe implosion.

Look no further then Seattle for that implosion to happen.

It makes sense that you would want to start JP in the friendly confines of Ralph Wilson but lets be honest here, The Dolphins are a horrible team. They have had minimal fan support even when they were winning. Home or Away it doesn't matter, we could beat the Dolphins in Miami with Sammy Baugh getting the nod.

What else is nice about starting JP in Miami is the games that are to follow, Cleveland at home, Cincinnati, and San Fransico...It would be a great chance for him to start building some confidence we can take into 2005. As an added bonus he would also get two more weeks of preparation, and two more weeks to heal that leg of his.

Think I'm wrong? What's your prediction and why? And please don't respond with what you feel we should do, I don't feel that this is what we should do, I just think this is what will happen.

I can't disagree with that statement. I don't see bledsoso playing poorly sunday if willis can bounce back from last week (not his fault that he sucked, but he still has to bounce back). The bills can and probably will win. They aren't a bad team. They just have a broken leader. Miami would be a perfect start for JP. He'll be out of the disgruntled RWS and will have no pressure playing in miami. Then he can come back just in time to play the browns (my first game attending since the snow bowl!!!!) He'll give me reason to drink crown at 8am

I'd prefer to get Matthews the starts, and put JP in for a series or two or three or maybe more.

JP's style of college play needs to be weaned out of him. He played in a small conference, made a bunch of nice passes and also became a sack king. We have to face the fact that a whole bunch of scouting organizations labeled him as a jerk and questioned his maturity.

Spot duty, a few series, take the fuzz off of him.

Considering the weather this time of year at the Ralph, and that were playing a passing team, I expect a game plan very similar to the Jets/Cardinals game.  Willis will run the ball 30+ times and Bledsoe will be put in a position to simply not mess up. At home he has been able to fulfill that role so far this year and you can bet your house JP won't start until we see another Bledsoe implosion.

Look no further then Seattle for that implosion to happen. 

It makes sense that you would want to start JP in the friendly confines of Ralph Wilson but lets be honest here, The Dolphins are a horrible team. They have had minimal fan support even when they were winning. Home or Away it doesn't matter, we could beat the Dolphins in Miami with Sammy Baugh getting the nod.

What else is nice about starting JP in Miami is the games that are to follow, Cleveland at home, Cincinnati, and San Fransico...It would be a great chance for him to start building some confidence we can take into 2005. As an added bonus he would also get two more weeks of preparation, and two more weeks to heal that leg of his.

Think I'm wrong? What's your prediction and why? And please don't respond with what you feel we should do, I don't feel that this is what we should do, I just think this is what will happen.

121022[/snapback]

I think it will be the Cleveland game at home.

Don't entirely rule out the possibility that the Bills well now play out the remainder of season and play well , finish with a 8-8 or  9 - 7 record and Drew will still be starting Quarterback next season......

121041[/snapback]

I think we can finish 8-8, but as far as Drew starting next year I think it's around a 1-100 chance. We know he is capable of playing well at times but his limitations have become obvious. I can't imagine the revolt we will have by the fans if Drew was named starter for 2005. It would be like the Vietnam protests but bigger.

I think we can finish 8-8, but as far as Drew starting next year I think it's around a 1-100 chance. We know he is capable of playing well at times but his limitations have become obvious.  I can't imagine the revolt we will have by the fans if Drew was named starter for 2005. It would be like the Vietnam protests but bigger.

121047[/snapback]

I understand that , but when you look at the cap differences between keeping him and cutting him next June and bringing in another vet starter or backup , the Bills will keep Drew and perhaps JP get some more starts later next season. As hard as this is to swallow it does have some merit.

Lets see how it plays out. Its hard to be patient.....

Really tough if to predict as I think you are correct that the two major variables are JP starting comes with a continued Bills/Bledsoe implosion and JP bein ready to start.

I agree that the individual athletic pride of each player and being at home makes it likely they will do well in this game and doing well means depending on the run and not on Bledsoe so he would be seen as rebounding even if his stats are likely to be mediocre.

Traveling to play on the coast is actually one of the more likely places for the Bledsoe implosion which forces the Bills to panic bring in Losman and then it depends on him as to whether he earns the start. If he plays like he did in NE he sits, if he plays well he oribabky gets a start.

Unfortunately both these variables playing out is quite possible but is unlikely that everything works out according to the stars thus I wouldn't bet or predict this will happen.

My guess is actually that the Bills stick to their course and play Losman when they judge it to be good for his development. Rather than it being the start many partisans want, my guess is that he gets his PT in relief and then depending upon how he performs he will get more time, perhaps ending in a start if he does really well.

He will likely get his first serious time due to an injury. Bledsoe will be pressing to imoress and as such I suspect he will be more prone to injury. Who knos when theis will happen because it is really dependent on fate, Put me down as a vote JP will actually start against Clelveland because I suspect by then we'll be forced to do it even if the braintrust doesm't want to.

Nov. 21 St. Louis Preview

Nov. 28 @ Seattle 4:15

Dec. 5 @ Miami 1:00

Dec. 12 Cleveland 1:00

Dec. 19 @ Cincinnati 1:00

Dec. 26 @ San Francisco 4:05

Jan. 2 Pittsburgh

Don't entirely rule out the possibility that the Bills well now play out the remainder of season and play well , finish with a 8-8 or  9 - 7 record and Drew will still be starting Quarterback next season......

121041[/snapback]

:doh: ... :unsure:

oh... :D ...you're serious...

Sorry... :D

121041[/snapback]

I liked acid in my Kool-Aid at one time. Alas, reality bites.