Is it such a big mystery why our offense is terrible?

Got_Wood

Take a look at our NFL "offensive" coaching experience:

Head Coach: Dick Jauron

- 9 seasons as defensive backs coach

- 6 seasons as defensive coordinator

- Rest of career as Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator: Alex Van Pelt

- 1 season as Quarterbacks Coach (Only received position because Turk Schonert was promoted from QB Coach)

Quarterbacks Coach: None

- vacant sideline (there was no one else to promote)

I mean, is there any question why our offense sucks? We've got a good running backs coach in Eric Studesville and a good offensive line coach in Sean Kugler, but we sure as hell can't run a damn play. We don't have a single guy that has called offensive plays in the NFL. Not one.

Come on Ralph!!! Figure this out. Either get yourself a real GM that can run this team the way it should be, or SELL THE TEAM.

Its not even coaching. The one constant in the last 10 years has been a bad O-Line.

The o-line will come together. But we don't have a real scheme. We don't have a single guy that understands how to draw up plays. You can't run a team that way. It doesn't matter what kind of talent you have if you don't have the brains in your coaching staff to put a playbook together and make your guys execute it. Its a damn embarrassment to watch these guys take the field every Sunday on offense.

- 1 season as Quarterbacks Coach (Only received position because Turk Schonert was promoted from QB Coach)

I kick ass calling plays on Madden. I can even win when playing with the Bills. Put me in coach. After watching every game this decade, because I love footaball-pain-trips to the dentist, I could call a better game than Alex. I would throw in some counters, screens, many formations, 3-4-5 wides, jumbo-I. Gauranteed to go 7-9 with no coaching experience and I would do it for free. My salary would go to free beer and hooter chicks for every guy in attendance.

I mean, is there any question why our offense sucks? We've got a good running backs coach in Eric Studesville and a good offensive line coach in Sean Kugler, but we sure as hell can't run a damn play. We don't have a single guy that has called offensive plays in the NFL. Not one.

Come on Ralph!!! Figure this out. Either get yourself a real GM that can run this team the way it should be, or SELL THE TEAM.

I have played Madden for years. I could call a better game than Alex. I would throw in 4-5 wides, counters, screens, quick slants, fleaflickers, hail marys. I gaurentee 7-9 record and take no salary...free beer and wings to all in attendance. I would make our offense entertaining even in a loss. Put me in coach.

I kick ass calling plays on Madden. I can even win when playing with the Bills. Put me in coach. After watching every game this decade, because I love footaball-pain-trips to the dentist, I could call a better game than Alex. I would throw in some counters, screens, many formations, 3-4-5 wides, jumbo-I. Gauranteed to go 7-9 with no coaching experience and I would do it for free. My salary would go to free beer and hooter chicks for every guy in attendance.

We improved the WR core by adding TO. Trent Edwards should have logically either played at the same level as last year or improved, neither of which he has done. That for me means there are 2 major reasons for the offense sucking:

1. Porous O-line

2. Replacing Turk Schonert with Alex Van Pelt was a mistake

The o-line will come together. But we don't have a real scheme. We don't have a single guy that understands how to draw up plays. You can't run a team that way. It doesn't matter what kind of talent you have if you don't have the brains in your coaching staff to put a playbook together and make your guys execute it. Its a damn embarrassment to watch these guys take the field every Sunday on offense.

I just don't see the O-line coming together. Just because they are young and/or high draft picks doesn't mean they will improve. The way I see it, Wood and Butler are the only two NFL caliber starters on the roster. Levitre and Bell will be nothing more than career back-ups. They fact they we're opening day starters tells you just how bad the O-line is.

I just don't see the O-line coming together. Just because they are young and/or high draft picks doesn't mean they will improve. The way I see it, Wood and Butler are the only two NFL caliber starters on the roster. Levitre and Bell will be nothing more than career back-ups. They fact they we're opening day starters tells you just how bad the O-line is.

By the o-line "coming together", I mean that we can get a couple new guys in the offseason to fill the gaps. I think LeVitre can be a very good starter, but he has to get stronger and adjust to the speed of the pro game. And I also think that between Bell and Meredith we might have a decent right tackle. And Wood should make a great center. But we still need a quality guard and left tackle.

That aside, we'll never be successful on offense if we don't have a quality scheme, and a coach that can make adjustments to that scheme to improve every week. Right now, we have a weak playbook and we can't even execute it.

I have played Madden for years. I could call a better game than Alex. I would throw in 4-5 wides, counters, screens, quick slants, fleaflickers, hail marys. I gaurentee 7-9 record and take no salary...free beer and wings to all in attendance. I would make our offense entertaining even in a loss. Put me in coach.

Well....i gues you couldnt be any worse....can i call a cameo play?

"I just don't get it... Rookie O-coordinator, Captain Checkdown slingin' to the RB's, hatchet job on the O-line, vanilla play-calling, and a career-losing Head Coach...I mean I just don't get why they are so terrible."

Who is mystified by the Bills offense sucking? Anyone? Seriously?

(...No, not you, Ralph. I meant anyone BUT you.)