Poz is consistently being exposed.

PushthePile

I'm amazed that so many of the Bills' recent draft picks are not performing up to expectations. Get a coaching staff in here that knows how to develop players, preaches a more aggressive scheme on both sides of the ball and can game plan worth a crap and many will be better players.

It is not a coondidence that the one recent 1st day draft pick that is outplaying his draft position is the one guy that has been largely kept away from the 'development' of our coaches by first his graduation date then the groin surgery.

Lets hope this set of coaches NEVER gets to 'develop' Byrd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Poz sucks. I said it previously and I will continue to say so now. Poz rarely dominates a collision when he is making a tackle. He always kind of holds on, and kind of rides the man to the ground 2-3 yards up the field. The Texans had absolutely gaping holes to run thru up the middle in the second half. That is inexcusable. Poz has a lot of responsibility for that. That is his territory. He does not dominate or impose his will. His game is WEAK!! We can and have to do better at MLB. Poz would be a decent backup where maybe he could learn how to become a good player.

Our linebackers have to be amongst the worst if not the absolute worst group of LB's in the league. LB is a super important position on your defense. They provide a strong sense of toughness. We do NOT have that at all. It makes our team weak. The talent level on this team is just terrible at certain positions-LB, OT, QB, TE and not great at most other positions. Combine that with terrible, uninspiring coaching and leadership, and you have a god awful, boring, crappy team which is painful to watch.

Great post right on target.

Great post, I think you hit the nail on the head. Poz is too slow and isn't nearly physical enough. I don't see him starting at MLB for too many other teams. There's a reason he didn't go in the 1st Round of his draft year. Of course, I was one of those who wanted to trade up and take Patrick Willis, but the Bills' braintrust wanted to outsmart everyone instead.

That draft killed us...sitting at 11 we were looking for RB and LB....Adrian Peterson falls to 7th spot and Patrick Willis drops to 10 where SanFran was willing to trade.... We sat on our hands....and this from a team that trades up in the draft almost every year...trading up for JP & Mccargo and that year for Poz (LB David harris was sitting there)

Marv always preached character..yet he spens 11th overall on Lynch...a known problem coming into the draft....where Willis and Peterson were high character guys....

The Lynch pick to me always smelled of being cheap (not moving into top 7 for Peterson) and owner intrusive...picking a RB instead of simple trade up for LB Willis....Ralph always wishes to pay for skill players because they are 'entertainment'..they put fannies in the seats and makes $$$....

The drafting of a punk like Lynch at 11 only makes sense to an owner hoping to sell tickets showcasing his top pick is a RB rather than a LB (peterson ofcourse fills that but too cheap to pay that price)....

Similar problem again...not taking OT and picking a great return CB like Mckelvin with top pick instead of the better football move of Ryan Clady OT

That draft killed us...sitting at 11 we were looking for RB and LB....Adrian Peterson falls to 7th spot and Patrick Willis drops to 10 where SanFran was willing to trade.... We sat on our hands....and this from a team that trades up in the draft almost every year...trading up for JP & Mccargo and that year for Poz (LB David harris was sitting there)

Marv always preached character..yet he spens 11th overall on Lynch...a known problem coming into the draft....where Willis and Peterson were high character guys....

The Lynch pick to me always smelled of being cheap (not moving into top 7 for Peterson) and owner intrusive...picking a RB instead of simple trade up for LB Willis....Ralph always wishes to pay for skill players because they are 'entertainment'..they put fannies in the seats and makes $$$....

The drafting of a punk like Lynch at 11 only makes sense to an owner hoping to sell tickets showcasing his top pick is a RB rather than a LB (peterson ofcourse fills that but too cheap to pay that price)....

Similar problem again...not taking OT and picking a great return CB like Mckelvin with top pick instead of the better football move of Ryan Clady OT

I have to think that most of the plaers who are thriving on other squads would have faced a similar uphill battle with the coaching here to max their talents. And some guys we have would be significantly better on other squads.

Our coaches are talent and career killers.

Character wise OK marshawn had some growing up to do but his little petty crimes were not so bad for a young guy coming out of the environment he came out of (although fleeing the scene of an accident was not a shining moment.

But result wise I do not think Willis or David Harris could attain here what they have on the teams that drafted them.

DJ is responsible for a lot of lost games and many more lost dollars by the players whose careers he derailed.

When you own up to it week after week that you are the cause of failure when do you actually just man up and resign? Never, I guess.

You nailed it. Levy's drafts set us back years. Bad coach = bad GM. As for what to do with Poz, hopefully he'll be a backup next year.

The big problem with Pos is simply that he cannot stay on the field consistently. While his injuries have not been diverse or constant enough to fairly label him as injury prone, one needs to seriously worry whether his forearm is just to brittle for a team to count on him to be their answer at MLB.

It may be simple bad luck or it may be a brittle forearm. Who knows. All we do know is the results and the results are that two truncated seasons in your first two are not a good sign.

I like him as a player he actually is fast as advertised (he can do the deep cover role in the middle of the field as we demand of the MLB in the Tampa 2 style Cover 2 we run) He is a good tackler as is indicated by his high % of solo tackles to his credit vs. assisted tackles. His shows good signs of being the intelligent guy as advertised and times his delayed blitzes quite well as shown by him registering 3 sacks in a season where is play has been limited by injury.

Some folks still complain that like London Fletcher he makes contact too deep in our D backfield, but just as these complaints are reduced to whines by folks who do not realize that our bend but do not break D actually calls for the MLB not so much to play the run stuffer but actually plays back often in pass coverage or running the zone blitz for us.

Poz is actually a lesser player than Fletch was (in his last year here he led LBs for INTs in the NFL, has kept his career and central role going in pretty bad DeadSkins team) and is not yet what we hoped for.

The sad thing is that with the lack of depth in the LB unit and season ending injuries to two players we likely are going to need to find a quality LB this off-season. Expectations of Poz were ridiculously high and surprise he has not met them. We need some help at LB.

Poz is average at best. I am hoping the Bills can somehow land Jake Locker in the draft, but LB Rolando McClain is my second favorite prospect at the moment. I would love to see him in the middle of the defense. Good article on him today...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=4619628

That guy is a force. I'd love him in a Bills uniform. I'm not sure he'd have the speed to play in this horrible system we run, but with any luck it gets trashed when we get a new coach.

That guy is a force. I'd love him in a Bills uniform. I'm not sure he'd have the speed to play in this horrible system we run, but with any luck it gets trashed when we get a new coach.

Pretty sure he would be fast enough, but his football smarts and instincts would make up for any lack of "speed" he may have. The great thing about McClain is that he should be able to play any LB position in any system.

Pretty sure he would be fast enough, but his football smarts and instincts would make up for any lack of "speed" he may have. The great thing about McClain is that he should be able to play any LB position in any system.

Given the uncertainty of picking QBs in the draft, I'd love this pick. This franchise can't afford another whiff with a high value pick.

The year Willis came out, I was dieing for them to get him. Last year I wanted to take Mamualega and move Poz to the outside. He is just not that stud you need in the 4-3. This year the McClain fellow from Alabama sounds pretty good (so we probably won't take him!).