NFL Offensive Line Rankings

MaineMoxie

Nearly halfway through the season, and the Bills have 1 rushing TD. Overflowing with potential, though.

Well, when your coaches can't call a good game and can't put the best players on the field (hello Fred Jackson?) what do you expect? I agree that you build from your lines. But with a terrible coaching staff and FO even a good team's going to look bad.

All I hear is Big Ben does this with a bad O-line, Ben does that, yada,yada,yada,yada, yada Big Ben is a Freak of nature and anyone that thinks the better O-line doesn't get the job done, there's glaring proof right in front of, just take a look at the rankings.

Big Ben has been practicing to be hit by stunts like Motorcycle accident. That shows true heart.

Be very careful.... This board does not like to have facts get in the way of their opinions... Trent is the reason the offense sucks. Didn't you read that on here? The line is just fine. With TO and Lee Trent should be able to throw an 18yrd out pattern less than one second after dropping back in the pocket.

It's even more absurd when you realize that the vast majority of those 56 games of experience belong to one guy (Hangartner).

As for the Titans, I was talking to a friend of mine about them after the blow-out against the Pats and we're convinced the team has completely given up on Jeff Fisher for some reason. There's no other explanation that I can think of. It's basically the same team that went 13-3 last year.

The reason for their decline is really very simple...

The team changed defensive coordinators and the new DC Chuck Cecil is horrid. For Fisher to fire the guy at this point would most likely end his coaching career, so Fisher might be trying to help him by keeping him there and teaching him. Cecil was a punishing hitting FS when he played in the NFL and Fisher gave the guy his first job as assistant DB's coach. Jim Schwartz who is now head coach of the Detroit Lions was the Titans DC last season.

Consider that the Titans were one of the best defenses in the NFL last year and now the worst in the NFL this year.

With that dominating defense, particularly good against the pass last season. The Titans would shut down the opponents and run the ball down their throats with Chris Johnson and Lendale White. This year the defense stinks and is the worst against the pass. So the Titans now have been playing from behind and throwing the ball more and trying to have kerry Collins win games, which he clearly can't do. Last season the Titans would build a lead and keep it with their defense and run the ball. That running game is useless when your always playing catch up and throwing.

The reason for their decline is really very simple...

The team changed defensive coordinators and the new DC Chuck Cecil is horrid. For Fisher to fire the guy at this point would most likely end his coaching career, so Fisher might be trying to help him by keeping him there and teaching him. Cecil was a punishing hitting FS when he played in the NFL and Fisher gave the guy his first job as assistant DB's coach. Jim Schwartz who is now head coach of the Detroit Lions was the Titans DC last season.

Consider that the Titans were one of the best defenses in the NFL last year and now the worst in the NFL this year.

With that dominating defense, particularly good against the pass last season. The Titans would shut down the opponents and run the ball down their throats with Chris Johnson and Lendale White. This year the defense stinks and is the worst against the pass. So the Titans now have been playing from behind and throwing the ball more and trying to have kerry Collins win games, which he clearly can't do. Last season the Titans would build a lead and keep it with their defense and run the ball. That running game is useless when your always playing catch up and throwing.

See post #17 in this thread. :worthy:

For some reason I only just discovered this, but the NFL now keeps track of offensive line statistics. Click here for the current stats. One of the stats they track is experience. The Bills current line has 56 games of experience. The only other team in the NFL with fewer than 100 games is the Seahawks at 93. The Cowboys have the most experienced line with 535 games. That's nearly ten times what the Bills have.

I don't remember that stat ... although its not saying thing we don't already know