Perry Fewell - Head Coach of the Bills???

tjprime

That's completely wrong.

The current coach of the 49ers was an interim coach, and then the "interim" was dropped and there was no "properly vetted system" (whatever the hell that meaningless phrase means anyway).

Exactly, because Singletary was a minority the Rooney Rule was satisfied and they could hire without doing any interviews. Unlike the earlier situation I mentioned with Haslett and the Rams. Is it Reverse Racism because they didn't have to interview a Caucasian? Yes, but the NFL isn't worried about that, it's appeasing to minorities. Perfect scenario is the Lions hiring Marrucci a few years ago. Detroit knew who they wanted, as did everyone else. However, the NFL still fined them for NOT interviewing a minority candidate, despite the fact everyone knew it would just be to fill a quota.

Exactly, because Singletary was a minority the Rooney Rule was satisfied and they could hire without doing any interviews. Unlike the earlier situation I mentioned with Haslett and the Rams. Is it Reverse Racism because they didn't have to interview a Caucasian? Yes, but the NFL isn't worried about that, it's appeasing to minorities. Perfect scenario is the Lions hiring Marrucci a few years ago. Detroit knew who they wanted, as did everyone else. However, the NFL still fined them for NOT interviewing a minority candidate, despite the fact everyone knew it would just be to fill a quota.

Anyone on the Bills staff could be named interim coach without interviewing a minority. DJ was named interim coach of the Lions without any problem. The only thing you can't do is say if you do well as the interim coach you will be named permanent coach without interviewing anybody else.

I don't think Fewell should be the HC however, at this point. He would be easily over matched in that role by most other coaches in the league. Plus he would have to do both the HC and DC duties at the same time. April is really the only choice that might make some sense from the current staff although his star has dimmed this year.

But this is academic. RW will definitely get the whole year out of DJ unless the team is like 2-9, even then he will probably keep him until the end of the year. RW's main goal in life is to not lose any money on a coach or GM's salary by firing anyone early. He has always been the same way. If DJ somehow staggers to 7-9 he will be back as HC next year.

I'd rather be coached by a bucket of Perrys Ice Cream.

This is from the Bills website, Fewell talking about why they arent playing Maybin.

"...We haven’t been able to use his talents like we would have anticipated, with all the passing and rushing and doing that type thing."

SERIOUSLY?

B.

Great point....

If he cant figure out how to get the #1 draft pick on the field, how the hell would he be able to manage game day????

I could go for that. Without Dick telling him to play soft I suspect he might dial up some nasty aggressive defenses like he did against Dallas in 2007 and Sunday against the Clowns.

So when the D is playing good, it's because of Perry, but when they're playing bad, it's because of Dick???? :P

one thing you all have to remember, it is not bobby aprils fault leodis and rosco fumbled the ball. That is an individual error that doesn't reflect april. Granted special teams have still been bad, but not that bad

My opinion is that all of our coaches need to go though, including april.

Okay, not saying this is going to happen, heck after Wilson's comments I think we're all stuck with Jauron and crew the rest of the season regardless of how bad it gets. But at lunch today a friend and I were talking and he was questioning why everyone thinks April will get the HC job IF Jauron gets the hook. Wanted to argue the point of a similar background to Mike Tomlin. Granted he made a mistake (confused Fewell with Grey interviewing for the HC spot when Mularkey left) but he brings up a valid point. For the record, neither of us have a thing to do with the Bills, this is just more of the same fans thinking out loud. Anyway here's the premise

1)Jauron gets the hook, probably bye week after a terrible home crowd at the Houston game.

2)Ralph interviews the 3 remaining coordinators to see who he'll promote to interm HC, possibly in an attempt to circumvent the Rooney Rule if he has spoken to another candidate

3)Decides Fewell is the best option and promotes him to interim HC, Bob Sanders to DC (a position He had in Green Bay) and bring in a new D-line coach

The question I have is does anyone know how many years left do any of the coaches have on their contracts. If Fewell ( or for that matter April) are in the last year of a contract. Anyway, thought I'd put this out there and see what thoughts are.

[/quote

If anyone thinks that fewell should get the head coaching job then your stupid. We have had one on the worst defenses in the league for the past 5 years and counting. The defense gives up so many big plays that its impossible for the offense to catch up. The team needs to 1st fire Fewell and bring in someone who can run a 3-4 defense. Then that will give trent some more practice against a defense that he can never beat.

Anyone on the Bills staff could be named interim coach without interviewing a minority. DJ was named interim coach of the Lions without any problem. The only thing you can't do is say if you do well as the interim coach you will be named permanent coach without interviewing anybody else.

Actually, the permanent position is what we're sub-discussing in relation to the Rooney Rule, that you have to interview a minority candidate. It only affects interim coaches if they're white, like the aforementioned Haslett/Rams situation. If you noticed, nobody batted an eye last year when the 49ers interviewed NOBODY and made Singletary their HC at the end of last season. Why? because it wasn't in violation of the Rooney rule since Singletary is black, if he were white you would of seen everybody and their brother start whining, even if they knew he was their guy, like in the Lions/Mariucci case.

So in summation, if it's a minority interim HC and they want to hire full time they're fine, but if it's a Caucasian, even if they know he's their guy, they have to interview at least one minority candidate.

If anyone thinks that fewell should get the head coaching job then your stupid. We have had one on the worst defenses in the league for the past 5 years and counting. The defense gives up so many big plays that its impossible for the offense to catch up. The team needs to 1st fire Fewell and bring in someone who can run a 3-4 defense. Then that will give trent some more practice against a defense that he can never beat.

First off, what's up with the name-calling? Does that mean I can call you stupid for bringing up 5 plus years when Fewell is only in his 4th year coaching the Bills D? Or the fact that Buffalo D was ranked 18 in 2006, 31 in 2007 (the year we had 17 plus season ending injuries), bounced back to 14 last year and despite injuries are hovering at 19. So that's 3 out of 4 years he's middle of the pack not "one of the worst" in the NFL. And maybe, if the offense wasn't so inept and could actual score and keep the D off the field to rest so they aren't sucking wind at the end of every game some of those big plays could be avoided. Or solid defensive efforts, such as last Sunday against Cleveland wouldn't be wasted.

For the record, like I said previously, I think we're stuck with Jauron for the rest of the season, regardless of how poorly this team performs. However, hopefully that will lead Ralph to fire EVERYONE and bring in some solid football people and actually pay for a coach.

Well, if they line up 8 yards behind the line, they might have a pass come their way.

I can see it right now....

3-11-BUF 33 (5:17) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards pass short right to 83-L.Evans to BUF 26 for -7 yards (57-Bart Scott)