Start Over, This Dog Don't Hunt

Mr. T

I think all us fans have come to the clear conclusion that this season is "OVER". It's just a matter of how bad it will be. I also think that most of us would rather it be a complete disaster, instead of another sub-par year. My concern at this point is there are so many terrible teams right now that we can finish with 4 or 5 wins and still have a draft position similiar to the last few years.

I've always been a quiet supporter of Trent Edwards and have been waiting for him to prove all his critics wrong. I'm convinced that the hit he took last year at Arizona, and terrible coaching have destroyed his confidence to a point where he won't recover. He is JP part #2. Time to start Fitspatrick and let him play it out the rest of the way. I'd hate to see Trent "turn it around" and play just good enough to win 4 or 5 more games. The only solution for this team is to draft the next franchise QB high in the draft next year. For that to having any chance of happening the Modrak, Guy, Jauron and probably Brandon need to be out of the picture.

I'd also love to see this years roster blown up and we trade some of the few "underachieving" tradeable players for the best draft picks we can get. Evans - gone, maybe for a 2nd rounder (forget getting a 1st round, it just won't happen). Lynch or Jackson - gone, maybe a third or fourth rounder (anything higher won't happen). Stroud - gone, maybe a 3rd rounder. He has played very well this year but he is getting older and only has so much tread left. Package a couple of these picks next year and either pick up a top notch left tackle by way of trade, or a higher draft choice.

Some of you may feel these are absurd suggestions, but this team is going nowhere the way they are now. Drastic times require drastic measures. I'm sick of less than average football, and that was the past three years. Now we simply stink!