Trent is to blame?

I don't blame Trent one bit - I blame those who keep him on the field. We have a multi-million dollar receiving corps waiting for the ball to come their way, and all they hear is crickets chirping at the end of their routes. The reason why the dropped the few balls they got tossed their way this season is because they couldn't believe that Edwards actually threw them the ball. Yes, the line is bad, but throwing a ball or two more than 3 yards will make them think twice about bull-rushing your offense into futility. Can any of our backups be worse right now?

Dickie, if you're listening, either pull the kid, or change his last name to Dilfer, and let our workhorses (Freddie and ML) carry us. Jesus, change something (I don't see any alternatives that can produce a worse result).

I don't blame Trent one bit - I blame those who keep him on the field. We have a multi-million dollar receiving corps waiting for the ball to come their way, and all they hear is crickets chirping at the end of their routes. The reason why the dropped the few balls they got tossed their way this season is because they couldn't believe that Edwards actually threw them the ball. Yes, the line is bad, but throwing a ball or two more than 3 yards will make them think twice about bull-rushing your offense into futility. Can any of our backups be worse right now?

Dickie, if you're listening, either pull the kid, or change his last name to Dilfer, and let our workhorses (Freddie and ML) carry us. Jesus, change something (I don't see any alternatives that can produce a worse result).

The problem is that our running game can't carry us, because the fact that we don't throw the ball downfield allows the defense to stuff as many men up to the LOS because there is no real fear of TE throwing the ball more than 5 yards. On therare occasions he does throw it downfield, its a 40 or 50 yard pass. Until he figures out how to stretch out the D, everything suffers. A team needs to have some fear of a QB that can throw the ball downfield. No one needs to fear that the Bills can do it, so we will continue to have an offense that goes nowhere.