Patriots getting bailed out by the Refs again

Rayzer32

First, Tom Brady is obviously immune to getting a intentional grounding call against him. I've seen him chuck the ball away more than once so he does not get hit. Now the refs call a roughing the kicker, when it should have been running into the kicker when the Pats were kicking from their own endzone. The NFL is getting worse week by week.

First, Tom Brady is obviously immune to getting a intentional grounding call against him. I've seen him chuck the ball away more than once so he does not get hit. Now the refs call a roughing the kicker, when it should have been running into the kicker when the Pats were kicking from their own endzone. The NFL is getting worse week by week.

Denver's helping them along, too. They just jumped off side on the next punt attempt.

Gee how bout that. The Pats were punting on 4th and 4 but the Broncos got called for a neutral zone infraction. This time the reason was the defender moving is what forced the Patriot player to move. That does not get called everyday.

It wasn't roughing it was running into and got them 5 yds when they only needed 4. But still...*Pats suck!

No remarks about the Bronco non fumble.

Or the 'taunting' call on the Bronco TD drive where the ref threw the flag before the taunt occurred.

This is a really good game. Refreshing to watch professional football after the JV performance we saw earlier today.

Or the 'taunting' call on the Bronco TD drive where the ref threw the flag before the taunt occurred.

This is a really good game. Refreshing to watch professional football after the JV performance we saw earlier today.

I always am amazed by any any game I watch after the Bills. Complete pass? No penalty? It can't be right.

I always am amazed by any any game I watch after the Bills. Complete pass? No penalty? It can't be right.

I'm starting to realize that I don't need to watch the Bills to enjoy football.

I can watch a game like this, between two teams that are not only competent, but actually accomplished at the sport. I enjoy the game, root against the Pats* or Cowboys or whoever and about half the time it has a happy ending. Compare that to Bills 'football': 3 hours of horrible incompetence capped with a brainless mistake that gives away any chance of a win almost every time.

That ref was throwing the flag for interference. The flag for taunting came from a different ref. Simms explained it after the commercial break. There were two flags on that play.

That ref was throwing the flag for interference. The flag for taunting came from the ref in the middle of the field. There were two flags on that play.

Seriously, some of my NE friends were whining about this.

Yah, I'm sure the ref made up his mind to throw a phantom taunting call when the ball was in mid-air and he (the ref) just happened to luck out by the fact that the NE player did eventually taunt after the flag.

Mouth-breathers in this country with a college education are amazing :doh: