Tony Fein, RIP

blzrul

Call me crazy, but it seems that over the past five ten years, there are an awful lot of people who "collapse and die" before their time. WTF is going on here?

Call me crazy, but it seems that over the past five ten years, there are an awful lot of people who "collapse and die" before their time. WTF is going on here?

You're right.

I've personally lost quite a few friends and family members within the past 10 years - many of them relatively young. Went to Bills opener with TBD party in 2005, took pre-teen nephew along. Gone 8 months later. Finally went again in 2008 to opener. Went with childhood friend of 40 years. Gone two months later. My brother, early 40s, gone just before 9/11. His first HS sweetheart - gone this past weekend. Lost at least 3 other friends in their early 50s in last 7 years. Have a photo taken in 1987 at a birthday celebration with 8 of us in the photo - me, my wife, and 6 other friends, mostly in our 20s and early 30s. My wife and I are still here. 4 of the other six - gone. One of the other six still a cancer survivor. His wife - double mastectomy as preventive measure following biopsy and with family history a consideration.

Singer/poet/basketball star/heroin addict, Jim Carroll, had a song in 1980 called "People who Died", which chronicles a rash of friends who died - later made into the movie, "Basketball Diaries".

I was in Fla for my Mother-in-law's funeral a few weeks ago, and in the course of running errands with my stepson, he played the Jim Carroll song, "People Who Died" from his ipod. I was surprised he knew the song. Hadn't heard it in years. We had a discussion about the song and it was only later I realized that Basketball Diaries with Leonardo Decapitate was about Jim Carroll's life. Still haven't seen the flick. Anyway, it was interesting that it was a topic of discussion, especially since just days after the talk, my stepson calls and says, "guess who died?" - "Jim Carroll". Ironic.

I'm not too much of nutcase, but I truly believe there is a government conspiracy leading to food additives that cause obesity, cancer, and whatnot. In my niece's high school, there have been several cancer cases or blood-related diseases and deaths over the past 3 years. I don't remember a single one in my 6 or 7 years of high school! Maybe it's part of our government's solution to too many elderly collecting SS. Knock 'em off early! You think government-run health care is the answer? Yeah, right. Wait'll you're ranked by your contributory value to society. Go to the back of the line. Good luck getting treatment when you've already lived 60 or 70 years.

Is if that's not enough. The Bills have sucked ass for the past 10 years also! What the hell is going on here?!?!

Is there a doctor in the house?!!?