Where is the passion/leadership on this team?

slyng1

The one thing that's been bothering me about this team is how little passion I see on display. We've all joked about the emotionless Skeletor on the sidelines and the Jauron Face (My bad.... Dick-Face) but I want to talk about the players & their leadership role.

Every time you see a story about TO on ESPN (either a positive or negative story) they show clips of him fired up on the sidelines -- Either in Dallas or SF or even on the Eagles -- yelling at other players, yelling at the cameras, jumping around. In a word - Jacked! Excited to be playing the game. I see none of that on this team and certainly not from TO. The guy needs to be yelling at other players who aren't making plays. Yelling at Trent to step up his game. If he was open on a play (and from what many posters have said, both TO & Evans have been open at various times) he needs to yell at Trent to throw the damn ball. Every time the cameras show him on the sidelines he's pouting in the corner somewhere, not talking to his QB, it's not encouraging... That's what i loved about watching Marshawn over the last 2 seasons, he looks like he's having fun out there and he gets fired up, but you can hardly call the guy a leader when he's getting into hit & runs and carrying guns/pot in his car (or whatever it was...).

And where is the leadership on Defense? We've seen schobel and kelsay playing pretty well this year, but whose out there getting fired up? No one plays with any passion and I gotta say it just makes the games painful to watch.

This article about Darryl Talley's recent comment got me thinking about it:

http://www.wgr550.com/Talley-Wants-Change/5374812

I think the defense has leaders. Last week 2 of them weren't playing - Whitner and Poz. Last week was also their first bad game. We REALLY missed our starting safeties in the running game.

I don't the offense has any at all. Edwards and Evans seem more or less passionless. TO basically can't do anything without being eviscerated in the press. But I agree, he should start getting fired up. Butler could be a leader but he's on IR. The whole O-line is either rookies or in their first year as starters on the team.

I think the defense has leaders. Last week 2 of them weren't playing - Whitner and Poz. Last week was also their first bad game. We REALLY missed our starting safeties in the running game.

I don't the offense has any at all. Edwards and Evans seem more or less passionless. TO basically can't do anything without being eviscerated in the press. But I agree, he should start getting fired up. Butler could be a leader but he's on IR. The whole O-line is either rookies or in their first year as starters on the team.

I like Whitner... and i love Poz! My only hope is that he's gonna be back soon enough to save that season... (well at least to keep it interesting)

Don't get me wrong - I think whitner & poz are good players and we certainly missed them last week, but what i was trying to get at was that contagious enthusiam and ability to fire up your teammates to play at a better level. Poz runs his a*s off, but is he in there yelling at people, asking the crowd to make more noise, getting in the QB's face, that kinda thing? It just doesn't strike me as his style.

Whitner I like, and he has a certain swagger to him, but I don't feel like he fires up his teammates either - he just kind talks a big game but doesn't inspire other players to be better, which is what i think a leader does...

i think this topic is the heart of the matter...where is our collective team "fire"? i'm not talkin about the "whoo-hoo look at me i just made a takle for loss in a game where we are down by 42 points" stuff. i mean the "i am mad as hell and i'm not gonna take this anymore stuff. where are our players that get mad and go knock people around, why do we never see a player make a bad play or get a penalty and then go out and pancake someone to make amends. i still remember my pee wee football coach telling me the ultimate goal as a lineman is to hit someone so hard they get a snot bubble going. sorry for the rant, but this is the first time in a long time that i am genuinely p!$$ed at our team. show some heart and fire, get mad, and please care at least half as much as most of us crazy diehards! GO BILLS!