Does anyone think BB cut Milloy for undiscipline?

or so I thought to notice (I'm not a tape watcher) him up around the line of scrimmage and doing nothing but taking bad routes and chasing ball carriers from behind. Did anyone else notice that?

On a few occasions, it seemed he crept up there, and either bit inside, then chased, or just came at the RB on a tackle and took entirely the wrong angle and then had to chase from either the side or behind.

With how the Pats run their system, it seems to me that BB maybe cut him for undisciplined play.

Case in point......When Rodney Harrison hit Bledsoe and was flagged........he was irate......however, I watched him stay irate, almost until the ball was snapped on the two point conversion. And then, instead of trying to make some big hit, and rushing out of control, he crept up on the edge and read the play, stayed home and seemed to execute his job and responsibility to perfection.

Maybe BB knew that Milloy is a little bit undisciplined?

Just a thought!

Maybe BB knew that Milloy is a little bit undisciplined? 

Just a thought!

117382[/snapback]

The whole team played like crap tonight. You can't single out one player. Milloy was in on 15 tackles. Not a bad game, although the safety shoudn't be responsible for stopping the RB on half the damn carries.

for the last 4 years we always overpursuit or overreact when we play the Patriots, I don't know if it's the players of the DC but the Patsies run misdirections plays and the Bills looks like a school team trying to defend them, we're always in bad position to make a positive play.

I think that there is some truth to that. Lawyer takes a lot of bad angles in general in both coverage and on blitzes. He's got a big heart and he's a great leader, but he does overpursue generally on defense and sometimes overestimates his own speed trying to run aroudn people or at wide angles.

The Patriots have big money players at CB, QB and DL. In general, these are three of the highest paid positions in football. They also had a highly paid safety in Milloy, but his is a position that is among the cheapest in football. Therefore, it made the most economic sense to cut Lawyer, along with the fact that he's not the player that Law/Seymour and Brady is.

The whole team played like crap tonight.  You can't single out one player. Milloy was in on 15 tackles.  Not a bad game, although the safety shoudn't be responsible for stopping the RB on half the damn carries.

117392[/snapback]

Did I miss something here? I don't think I blamed Milloy for the loss. I critiqued Milloy's play because it stuck out to me.

And when Milloy was cut by the best coaching staff in the game, I wondered...."how in the hell could Lawyer Milloy get cut?"

Well, tonight, he either had a bad game, or I see a little bit of a reason why BB got rid of him.

And just because he made tackles, doesn't mean he had a good game.

Just an opionion, but I thought he was bad tonight, along with everyone else, but it kind of suprised me. Hell, maybe he was trying to hard, who knows!

I think that there is some truth to that. Lawyer takes a lot of bad angles in general in both coverage and on blitzes. He's got a big heart and he's a great leader, but he does overpursue generally on defense and sometimes overestimates his own speed trying to run aroudn people or at wide angles.

The Patriots have big money players at CB, QB and DL. In general, these are three of the highest paid positions in football. They also had a highly paid safety in Milloy, but his is a position that is among the cheapest in football. Therefore, it made the most economic sense to cut Lawyer, along with the fact that he's not the player that Law/Seymour and Brady is.

117414[/snapback]

Thank You. I kind of knew it wouldn't be popular to critque Milloy, but at least I feel as crazy.

Suprised me a bit tonight to see that, glad someone else picked up on it. Maybe BB was right.