When does benching Trent Edwards become a consideration?

Slo_Bills

The bigger question should be: When is a Bills QB going to be able to play with a decent NFL line in front of him? Right now, for today's game we have a RT who we cut & nobody picked up & a LT who got cut by the Lions right before their 0-16 season. Add to that mix two rookie guards and a center whose back was so bad last week that he seemed to snap more shotgun passes to Edwards' knees than his hands. With that line does it really matter who is back there, because even Manning or Brady would become checkdown guys with the amount of time Edwards has to pass.

Now there is hope that by next season, Butler will be back for RT, either Bell will prove worthy or we'll get a LT, and the rookies guards will be through any growing pains.

With this line Edwards not only shouldn't be benched if the Bills can't win, but if he makes it through the entire season, he should be given the courage award just for standing up behind this line.

Great points I mentioned in my original post that Trent has quite a few factors working against him and the offensive line is one of the many, but I was making the point that when do you say let's shake things up. We all know this is not DJ way and will never be, but look how Donovan Mcnabb played when he was shown the sideline to get a different perspective of the game.

I can see your point...nice to have an intelligent conversation without anyone resorting to name calling(Homers, trentians, etc..).....My opinion is to let TE play out the entire year to see what he has..it's his 3rd and we have all seen signs that he can be awesome...or go the other way.....my hope is that as the line gels and gets some experience TE progresses as well...we'll see

But, after all is aid and done, the only thing that matters today is beating Miami.....SQUISH THE FISH!!!!!!

I can see your point...nice to have an intelligent conversation without anyone resorting to name calling(Homers, trentians, etc..).....My opinion is to let TE play out the entire year to see what he has..it's his 3rd and we have all seen signs that he can be awesome...or go the other way.....my hope is that as the line gels and gets some experience TE progresses as well...we'll see

But, after all is aid and done, the only thing that matters today is beating Miami.....SQUISH THE FISH!!!!!!

AMEN to that!!! :lol::(