FEZMID

Lv-Bills

Fezzer,

I know you are the DTV guru. I watched the Bills on MNF in week 1, and I have been to the last two home games in person, so I haven't watched my Sunday Ticket yet.

Question.....

I was one of the people that they cancelled the Superfan for, but I called today, luckily reading all the horror story articles about the Sunday Ticket starting in week 2. It's been restored.

I'm still frightened that I don't have the right receiver to get the MPEG-4 signal or whatever it takes to get HD. I just have a standard HD receiver that I got about a year ago. How do I know that I have the right receiver to get the HD signal? My tv schedule is currently showing the Bills on channel 712 Sunday with no 712-1 for the HD signal of the game.

Am I screwed this week?

Turn on any of the HD channels - they're all in the MPEG-4 format. If you see it, you're fine. It would be helpful if you give your receiver model, then we'd know for sure. If you got an HD receiver just one year ago, I'd think it's OK, but the model number would help.

Disclaimer: If you don't subscribe to HD access, then disregard the above test.

Turn on any of the HD channels - they're all in the MPEG-4 format. If you see it, you're fine. It would be helpful if you give your receiver model, then we'd know for sure. If you got an HD receiver just one year ago, I'd think it's OK, but the model number would help.

Disclaimer: If you don't subscribe to HD access, then disregard the above test.

My model number of my receiver is:

HD - H20-600

My Superfan just kicked back in and now I'm seeing the Bills HD game on 712-1 on my TV Guide thingamajig.

Damn, odd, now it's not there again. Now, I only have a 712 channel and no 712-1. UGH. LOL. If I just hit 712 on my remote it shows the Bills game in the HD channel. If I scroll through on my TV guide thing, it's not there.

Direct TV is thoroughly pissing me off this year.

Damn, odd, now it's not there again. Now, I only have a 712 channel and no 712-1. UGH. LOL. If I just hit 712 on my remote it shows the Bills game in the HD channel. If I scroll through on my TV guide thing, it's not there.

Direct TV is thoroughly pissing me off this year.

First of all, you're good to go on the H20. Congrats!

The other part is hard to diagnose over a message board. I don't understand how you can hit 712 but it takes you to 712-1. You can't view HD on 712 - it must be on 712-1. My first guess was gonna either be a favorites list issue or possibly an option you selected in the menu to hide either SD or HD channels. If you select All Channels as your favorites list, then it should show both 712 and 712-1 in your guide. If not, then I'm stumped and Fez needs to step in :wallbash:

First of all, you're good to go on the H20. Congrats!

The other part is hard to diagnose over a message board. I don't understand how you can hit 712 but it takes you to 712-1. You can't view HD on 712 - it must be on 712-1. My first guess was gonna either be a favorites list issue or possibly an option you selected in the menu to hide either SD or HD channels. If you select All Channels as your favorites list, then it should show both 712 and 712-1 in your guide. If not, then I'm stumped and Fez needs to step in :wallbash:

Thanks for the help. Everything seems to be OK now. Maybe it was programming in my system after I called or something, who knows.

I was extremely nervous only because I'm having a smallish 10 person tailgate this Sunday and just wanted to make sure it was in HD. I was reading some horror stories in week 2 of the season on some message boards.

Anyway, thanks for making me feel better about it.