A poll for the "bleed red and blue" people

CodeMonkey

A poll for the "bleed red and blue" people  

101 members have voted

1. 1. If your choices were for the team to stay in Buffalo and remain a lower tier team, or move to a bigger market and become a upper tier team, which do you choose?

• Stay in Buffalo so I can go to the games!
    • Move. My love for the team is greater than my desire to sit at the Ralph 8 Sundays a year.

Wow! This place is getting dumber by the day.

Do you still follow the LA Clippers?

If the Bills leave Buffalo, I wish them the same fate as the LA Clippers, doomed to perpetual mediocrity for leaving the greatest fans (no matter how nutty we get).

The LA Clippers will never achieve greatness until they play a regular season game in Buffalo in their Buffalo Braves uniforms, honor HOF'r Bob McAdoo and legend Randy Smith, and apologize for leaving the way they did.

If the Bills leave Buffalo, I wish them the same fate as the LA Clippers, doomed to perpetual mediocrity for leaving the greatest fans (no matter how nutty we get).

The LA Clippers will never achieve greatness until they play a regular season game in Buffalo in their Buffalo Braves uniforms, honor HOF'r Bob McAdoo and legend Randy Smith, and apologize for leaving the way they did.

why did they move anyway..and what year did they move

We should come up with a "board" of members, say 3-4, who analyze submissions from members regarding potential threads. This way, crap like this wouldn't clog up this place.

As it is now, any "Skooby" can start a thread about whatever they want, which is fine because I don't have to click on it. Problem is, the thread title says nothing about "the likely chance this thread is ridiculous and pointless". Thanks for making me dumber, OP.... :lol:

We should come up with a "board" of members, say 3-4, who analyze submissions from members regarding potential threads. This way, crap like this wouldn't clog up this place.

As it is now, any "Skooby" can start a thread about whatever they want, which is fine because I don't have to click on it. Problem is, the thread title says nothing about "the likely chance this thread is ridiculous and pointless". Thanks for making me dumber, OP.... :lol:

This thread (and poll) is completely legitimate. For all those who think they are too cool for school, and feel they need to bad mouth it, how about taking a couple of days off from this board and and actually getting some fresh air getting out of your own heads for a while.

This thread (and poll) is completely legitimate. For all those who think they are too cool for school, and feel they need to bad mouth it, how about taking a couple of days off from this board and and actually getting some fresh air getting out of your own heads for a while.

How is asking a group of people who have been tormented with the idea that their Football team may be ripped from them legitimate??

Aside from the fact this has been asked now for the millionth time on this site and could have easily been bumped with a simple search, it's completely moronic to think that a life-long Bills fan would still root for their team should it move to another city.

This is nothing more than someone looking for attention and doing so by posting a thread he/she KNOWS will get under people's skin. Unless, of course, you're insinuating that you would proudly where a Toronto Bills (or whatever team name they decide upon should the Bills name not be allowed) shirt and cheer THEIR team on. If that's the case, than ya, this thread is relevant to you, so my bad. :lol:

I also liked the idea that moving the team would make the Bills "significant" as so eloquently put by the OP. Trash...

why did they move anyway..and what year did they move

The Braves moved after the 1978 season; going to SanDiego, then later LA. The circumstances were awkward to say the least. After 3 winning seasons, the Braves owner, Paul Snyder got cheap, and traded Bob McAdoo for cash and later Jack Ramsey resigned as coach. Snyder sold teh team to John Y Brown, then head of KFC. Brown had no intention of keeping teh Braves in Buffalo, and made ruinous player and coaching choices and the team fell to last place and attendence fell as well. In the meantime, Brown worked out a deal with teh owner of teh Celtics for Brown to acquire the Celts, and the Celts owner acquire the Braves and move them to the west coast. That sealed the deal. Meanwhile, Jimmy Griffin, as mayor, did nothing to stop this since he was more interested in minor league baseball, and the Braves owners weren't interested in contributing to his political machine.

How is asking a group of people who have been tormented with the idea that their Football team may be ripped from them legitimate??

Aside from the fact this has been asked now for the millionth time on this site and could have easily been bumped with a simple search, it's completely moronic to think that a life-long Bills fan would still root for their team should it move to another city.

This is nothing more than someone looking for attention and doing so by posting a thread he/she KNOWS will get under people's skin. Unless, of course, you're insinuating that you would proudly where a Toronto Bills (or whatever team name they decide upon should the Bills name not be allowed) shirt and cheer THEIR team on. If that's the case, than ya, this thread is relevant to you, so my bad. :lol:

I also liked the idea that moving the team would make the Bills "significant" as so eloquently put by the OP. Trash...

See. This is a good post. These are well thought out ideas and worth reading. It's a post the OP probably had in mind when he/she started this thread.

If a thread is unworthy, the best way to make it go away is to ignore it, not clog up the forum with an entire page of "moron, idiot, and dumbass."