Some General Observations About The Saints Game

H2o

First off, it was a tough loss. We were in the game until the 4th quarter when our defense was wore down enough to give up two cheap TD's to Pierre Thomas. It was a disappointing performance in many aspects though. Our only points came on a fake FG and Moorman was more accurate on that 20 yard pass, while on the run, than Trent was overall.

Our defense played admirably, IMO, basically keeping Brees in check even with the injury to McKelvin. The 3rd down defense, for the 3rd straight week, was very disheartening. We just can't seem to get off the field no matter what the yardage left on the down may be. Fewell has got to do a better job with packages and play calling on 3rd downs. Kyle Williams and Schobel were gain impressive, IMO. Schobel had a couple of good plays including the forced fumble. Kyle Williams is really holding his own in there at DT, fighting off blockers to make plays. Overall though, our defense did great against a very high-powered Saints offense.

Our offense was flat out pathetic. Trent was checking down to the Reed or Fine all day long. He had 20 completions, but for only 156 yards. That, my friends, is complete garbage. The best WR on our team had 0 catches and only 3 balls thrown his way from what I can recall. Yeah he dropped a pass, but Owens has to be purposefully in volved in the offense more than that. The guy has more receiving TD's over the last 3 seasons than anyone in the NFL, for the love of Buffalo get the man the ball. Jackson continued to play fairly well against a tough front 7. Evans was basically nonexistent......again. Our young OL struggled with the front 4, which was to be expected in a way. The one thing that has to come under control though are the penalties on offense. Holding, false starts, illegal formations, they all seem to come at the most inopportune moments.

I'm still optimistic that our OL will get better as the year goes along and our defense is going to be atleast top 15, but how fast our offense comes along will determine the record by year's end. We could be 6-10 or we could be 10-6 or even better yet, 7-9 :wallbash: . Trent has got to get some chemistry down with these guys. He needs to work at it just as Peyton does with his WR's. I still think that Jauron is likely gone at year's end. Here's to hoping we can turn things around B-)

If the check downs don't stop we will be 5-11, if lucky and will get swept by the AFC East again this year. I am not in the organization or meetings so I cannot say with confidence who's fault it is, but if it doesn't get changed the more the bills opponents get game film on the check down king, the worse it is going to get. You better believe when they watch the film from this weeks game that Miami is going to bring pressure just like the Saints did, and it wont be a pretty game to watch.