Why did this team waste a 2nd round pick on Jairus Byrd

Max997

Why did this team waste a 2nd round pick on Jairus Byrd? A CB they planned on moving to FS when they also planned to move Donte Whitner to FS and start Scott at SS since last year?

Dont give me the best player available crap bc its not like Byrd was some highly touted prospect that fell into the second round and Im sure he was graded that much higher then a lot of the players that were drafted around him.

You dont draft for depth in the 2nd round especially a team like the Bills that need all the impact players they can get

So again, why draft Byrd who wont contribute anything more then on Special Teams and backup duty this year and most likely next when they could have drafted another player that could have helped them this year.

Yes its easy to say now but I hated the pick when it was made, didnt understand it then and still dont.

Why did this team waste a 2nd round pick on Jairus Byrd? A CB they planned on moving to FS when they also planned to move Donte Whitner to FS and start Scott at SS since last year?

Dont give me the best player available crap bc its not like Byrd was some highly touted prospect that fell into the second round and Im sure he was graded that much higher then a lot of the players that were drafted around him.

You dont draft for depth in the 2nd round especially a team like the Bills that need all the impact players they can get

So again, why draft Byrd who wont contribute anything more then on Special Teams and backup duty this year and most likely next when they could have drafted another player that could have helped them this year.

Yes its easy to say now but I hated the pick when it was made, didnt understand it then and still dont.

somebody in the bills org knew his dad and they went with the pedigree

Totally agree, the better question is why is he active, he has been horrendous on defense in my opinion.

Dude woulda been there in the 3rd, possibly 4th or 5th.

I think they passed on Loadholt, a starting RT to get Bryrd...we could really use a quality RT right now. there were some other people, they passed on to get him that had you scratching your head...

Unfortunately it's been a trend with this team. The team acts like they know something others don't...then 2-3 yrs later you never hear from these guys..

I'm more upset the Bills passed on Nagata to draft Whitner.

Add it to your list....all the dumb moves this organization makes....for team that NEEDS great drafts becuase they don't really shake it up via free agency, they sure do make some stupid decision....I list a few, some of which they moved up to make.

Losman

McCargo

McGahee (who was on disabled list all yr)

Whitner....good player, but we really needed Ngata with pat Williams gone

Parrish...if I remember correectly, I was hoping for Vincent Jackson

Aaron Maybin...as a 250 DE...maybe if we needed a 250kb linebacker

Jarius Byrd in 2d rd...

Every draft, I scratch my head, then the organization feeds us the cool aid

Ask Tom Modrak. All I hear is how he drafted McNabb and help build the Eagles. I'm beginning to think he just got lucky. He's been here for 9 drafts and given us average talent at best.

It kills me that the iggles didn't draft Culpepper. They were very high on him going into the draft. Damn jeffery lurie, why did you have to buy that team. Norman Braman was a perfect owner who never spent a penny on players. Hell. he had richie kotite as his HC. <_<