Why the Saints offense does not scare me

Little history lesson for you:

Shula and the 'fins had good teams, to be sure, but they also had the officiating crews in their back pockets - I have no doubt about that. None. Shula was on the rules commitee at the time, and I'm sure he was quite cozy with a number of the officiating brass in NY, and in the course of meetings or comferences, may even have thrown back a martini or two with members of various officiating crews. Wink wink.

I'm not paranoid or a conspiracy theorist nut, but if you were around to witness those 70s games, it was soooo obvious that any marginal calls always went in favor of the Dolphins. There were at least 2 Bills/Dolphins games during that 20 game streak that the refs decided in favor of the Dolphins. And I don't thing it was because of incompetance on their part - it was outright game fixing.

BTW - In case you don't know it, the much revered Don Shula is a bit of a dick.

If anyone has the tape of the HOF ceremony for Marv, just take note of the shittty look on Shula's face throughout the whole speech. That's right a-hole - Marv owned your ass for 10+ years. The last time you walked off the field as a head coach was in a playoff loss to Marv & Co.

I guess that bitter taste will forever linger in his mouth.

Back to the Saints.

Why be scared?

Maybe playing scared is contributing factor to losses. Winning teams usually have swagger. There, I said it.

Jerry Bergman says hello.

GO BILLS!!!