greatest team of all time

No. That would be the 2007 New England Patriots*.

Sorry no post salary-cap teams, Bills, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, 49ers all would aniholate them see what the giants D-line did to them and I'd be more afraid of early 90's Bill's D-line I bet Bruce and Tom Brady would have got to know each other well salary cap made all the teams much worse.

75' Steelers are my favorite team. That is if we are talking strictly football. 70's was the best era of pro football and the Steelers were the Best Team period. By the way they only lost twice that year and one was to the Bills in Pittsburg when the Juice was loose that day.

Franco Harris Jack Lambert Frank Lewis...played for the bills

Terry Bradshaw Mel Blount Andy Russell

Lynn Swann John Stallworth Donnie Shell

Mean Joe Green L.C. Greenwood Dwight White

Rocky Blair Mike Webster

Jack Ham Ernie Holmes

That was a bomb squad if you old enough too remember. They would kick the 90's Cowboys in the teeth and tell them about it afterword . Think they would beat up the Montana 49ers as well.

My vote is for the 1984 49ers. That team went 15-1 in the regular season. Its one loss was by three points.

It won its NFC playoff games by a combined score of 44-10. It went on to defeat Dan Marino and the Dolphins in the Super Bowl, 38-16.

The high powered offense had five Pro Bowlers, including three offensive linemen. The defense led the league in fewest points allowed (227).

What about the '85 Bears? It could be pointed out that their defense allowed just 184 points; as compared to the 227 points allowed by the 49ers defense the previous year. (That's 18% fewer points.) Both defenses were very good, but the Bears' defense was obviously better. But was it better by enough to make up for the fact that the '84 49ers had the better offense? I don't think it was.

An argument could also be made for the '89 49ers. Their regular season stats were worse than their '84 counterparts (a 14-2 record, a little less scoring over the course of the regular season, etc.). But that team came alive in the postseason, winning its NFC playoff games by a combined score of 71-16, and defeating the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl by a score of 55-10.

i say the 1994 san francisco 49ers.

sanders

young

rice

hanks

barton

waters

floyd

taylor

b young

k norton

e davis

most talented roster of all time with mike shanahan as the oc

Nope. The 89 49ers are the best team of all time. Look at their roster and look at how they completely dominated their opponents in the play-offs. Plus, both Joe Montana and Steve Young were on that team.

My vote is for the 1984 49ers. That team went 15-1 in the regular season. Its one loss was by three points.

It won its NFC playoff games by a combined score of 44-10. It went on to defeat Dan Marino and the Dolphins in the Super Bowl, 38-16.

The high powered offense had five Pro Bowlers, including three offensive linemen. The defense led the league in fewest points allowed (227).

What about the '85 Bears? It could be pointed out that their defense allowed just 184 points; as compared to the 227 points allowed by the 49ers defense the previous year. (That's 18% fewer points.) Both defenses were very good, but the Bears' defense was obviously better. But was it better by enough to make up for the fact that the '84 49ers had the better offense? I don't think it was.

An argument could also be made for the '89 49ers. Their regular season stats were worse than their '84 counterparts (a 14-2 record, a little less scoring over the course of the regular season, etc.). But that team came alive in the postseason, winning its NFC playoff games by a combined score of 71-16, and defeating the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl by a score of 55-10.

I'd lean toward the 84 Niners...but I don't think there is a hairs difference betw the great niners teams of the 80s/90s and the Cowboy teams of the early 90s.Teams can never be that good again of course because of the salary cap.Those teams were phenomenal on both sides of the ball.