(OT) Way to go Mark Mangino!

ICE

Ol Fatty told it like it was! KU BEAT TexASS yesterday. They got fugged good by one of the worst phantom calls I have ever seen on a pass int call against KU to keep TexASS in the game. Calling a KU WR for offensive pass int by doing a friggin SWIM MOVE!

Mangino said it how it is....Pure BCS. This further proves what the deal is. College ball is all about the Benjamin's! If KU Beats TexASS then the Big 12 Loses Money. That 2nd team doesn't go to a BCS Game. PURE BULL stevestojan! And it happens all the damn time.

Props to the big man for telling it how it is!

Most definitely an "iffy" call ICE and one I wouldn't have made at that point in the game. The guy did sprint straight into the DB and used his arms as a push-off though. Still, I wouldn't have made the call. Texas was flat and deserved to lose. However, with the call being made and such, KU should have tackled a QB on 4th and 18 and not allowed the drive to continue!!!!!

I agree about your Sooners and how I think they will get screwed from playing in the BCS Championship because of strength of schedule compared to Auburn's win over Georgia. Should only be used outside of your conference schedule!!!

Late

Well PC here is the deal...There are worse things than being #3. since Bob Stoops 2nd year till now OU has always been a contender year in and year out. We have constantly stayed in the top 6 or so and rightfully so.

I think it is pure BS that OU or any other team is penalised because one part of the Confrence (B12 North) is weak. ALL teams play some weak teams in their schedules.

Maybe the NCAA needs to alocate at least 4 out of confrence games for each team? Esp those who finish in the top 20 or so in the rankings at the end of the year.

It should be MANDITORY that ALL confrences have a Championship.

IE OU should play at say USC, and Auburn at OU? Texas against Cal? something like that?

bottom line PLAYOFFS are the ONLY Answer. At the very worst I get to root for a top 5 College team year in and year out. What bothers me is OU could go the next 5 years undefeated and NOT play for a national championship. It could happen, Not only to OU but others as well and that is a travisty.

This season though? OU v Auburn. USC plays and easier sched than BOTH Teams and NO confrence Championship.

I think it is pure BS that OU or any other team is penalised because one part of the Confrence (B12 North) is weak.  ALL teams play some weak teams in their schedules.

So is this an admission that OU is playing a weak schedule as well as USC? You are saying the Big XII sucks here?

This season though? OU v Auburn. USC plays and easier sched than BOTH Teams and NO confrence Championship.

Why should USC be penalized for playing a weak schedule? You just said OU shouldn't be penalized for it.

Oh just for reference.

OU has beaten the number 6, 22, and 25th ranked teams in the nation.

USC has beaten the number 5, 16, and 20th ranked teams in the nation.

Auburn has beaten the number 8, 15, and 17th ranked teams in the nation.

So is this an admission that OU is playing a weak schedule as well as USC?  You are saying the Big XII sucks here?

Why should USC be penalized for playing a weak schedule?  You just said OU shouldn't be penalized for it.

Oh just for reference.

OU has beaten the number 6, 22, and 25th ranked teams in the nation.

USC has beaten the number 5, 16, and 20th ranked teams in the nation.

Auburn has beaten the number 8, 15, and 17th ranked teams in the nation.

116238[/snapback]

And you proved my point in another post..OU has had the tougher schedule. how is this if the SEC is so damn tough and big12 so damn bad? the B12 north is a joke this year. But so is most of the SEC. Alabama? We beat them last year? LSU? Please. Tenn? just barely good enough to be an 'upset' team.

Well I took the time to look everything up.  From what I've seen I would give the nod to OU and USC.

116285[/snapback]

But hey, the changes to the BCS were to insure that USC would play for the BCS title this year. No way in HELL do the WRITERS allow USC to NOT play.

Wait wait wait.

The changes made to the BCS were good ones. They were spawned because of the overall controversey. It wouldn't have mattered WHO it was. If the situation arose again the same thing would be done.

Right now, you can't convince me that there is some conspiracy to get USC into anything, they have better credentials then Auburn.