quick note: Stupar back on practice squad

richNjoisy

I'm a big fan of Jonathan Stupar and I appreciate the efforts our FO has put forth to keep him.

I don't know dog. I'm a big Stupar fan too.

But as for the team's efforts to keep him? He's passed through waivers how many times now? He has to pass waivers when he's signed to the roster and when he's released. So he's cleared waivers 3 times now just including this year.

In addition, because he's a practice squadder, any NFL team can sign him at any time.

The Bills might be retaining him but they certainly are not protective of him. If they really valued him, they would have kept him ahead of Schouman or Fine.

I don't know dog. I'm a big Stupar fan too.

But as for the team's efforts to keep him? He's passed through waivers how many times now? He has to pass waivers when he's signed to the roster and when he's released. So he's cleared waivers 3 times now just including this year.

In addition, because he's a practice squadder, any NFL team can sign him at any time.

The Bills might be retaining him but they certainly are not protective of him. If they really valued him, they would have kept him ahead of Schouman or Fine.

I like Stupar too. Your assessment as to the Bills protecting him (not) is spot on other than any idea people might get that releasing him and passing through waivers is any different than him being on a practice squad with the lone (and big exception) of the fact that he cannot be signed off of our practice squad onto someone else's practice squad. He can, however, be signed off waivers onto someone else's practice squad. He can only be signed off the practice squad directly onto another team's 53 man roster. So, making through waivers is only important if Jonathon WANTED to switch practice squads (which would be unusual at this point).

Given nelson's play on Monday, Stupar's chances dropped a bit but I expect him to be on the Bills roster due to injuries before the end of the season.