5 things that need to happen for a Bills win

Reddy Freddy

1. Entire Patriots team is struck with Swine Flu and Food Poisoning.

2. Bellichik gets amnesia and forgets who he is.

3. Brady gets injured during the national anthem and does not play.

4. Severe wind storm but only when the Patriots have the ball.

5. Bills are allowed to play 11 while the Patriots can only have 8 players on the field.

If ALL of that happpens, the Bills could maybe pull out a close one.

In no particular order, my keys to the game:

1. Fred Jackson must control the game and dominate. It's impossible to put a number on his production, but I'd guess he needs 200 yards of total offense for us to have a good chance. Should be easier without Seymour.

2. No turnovers.

3. Significant and consistent pressure on Brady. Pressure is more important than sacks, but the pressure needs to lead to turnovers.

4. Big plays in the pass game. Edwards needs to hook up with Evans and TO for multiple big gains, and preferably long TDs. We're going to need some cheap points, perhaps from a blown coverage.

5. Big plays from an unexpected player on both sides of the ball. Someone like Schouman on offense and Ellison on defense.

If your boiling this game down to Fred Jackson, Schouman and Ellison then were in more trouble than I thought.

That 2006 opener was also the game that the refs robbed us blind. If we get that same crew or another similar "Bob Kraft special", you can kiss this game goodbye before it starts.....

So true. I think any list of 5 items that doesn't include the level of bias the referees have for the Pats*/against the Bills is silly. Look at the videos of the last few season of Bills/Pats*!!! I mean the game is not fixed or anything like that but the officials are certainly intimidated by Belicheat* and Kraft* and the Pats*. For example, rushing Brady is only effective to the level the officials allow it. They could call a PF anytime anyone touches Brady* while he is throwing or simply not call any offensive holding on the Pats*.

This is not some kind of crazy talk. For example in college basketball for non-conference road games everyone wonders what the officiating will be like. The NFL is not some type of holy institution that considers fair play the most important thing in life. Officials are people and they are a lot more afraid of Goodell, Kraft*, & Belicheat* than RW or DJ. And Goodell showed his colors in the Belicheat* and Wilfork* rulings.

These are the five things we need to do to win? I think you are overstating it significantly.

1) 200+ yards Freddie

AND 2) ZERO turnovers

AND 3) Turnover inducing pressure all game long

AND 4) Multiple long TDs for TO and Lee

AND 5) Big plays from unknowns

Hmmm...those all seem like good things that would be nice to have, but I don't think by any stretch of the imagination those five things have to all happen for the Bills to win, so I think your fundamental premise is flawed. If all five of those things happen we would likely win big right? And we could likely win 24-20 or 17-14 without all five of those things happening, but just some assorted good things happening.

I see a lot of similarities with the 2006 Opener @NE which we lost 19-17, in which Losman threw for more yardage and fewer INTs than Brady, Willis didn't know what down it was, and the first play from scrimmage was a Brady fumble/Fletcher TD. That was a winnable game we let get away, and I think we are a stronger defense now, and I think the 2006 Pats* team is more similar to this year's than the 16-0 2007 or the Matt Cassel 2008. I'm not saying that it is going to happen, but NONE of the things you listed happened in that game and we could have won it quite easily despite it being on the road and the participation of Brady and Bellichick.

So Monday is a very hard game, and if things go wrong it could be an ugly loss, but I think people are both underestimating the Bills, and overestimating the Walker-less Pats* with a bunch of losses on D, and Brady's first start in a year.

Actually, I think you're right. I shouldn't have indicated we need all 5 things to happen in order to win. Some combination of them would probably do the trick.

In addition I think the Bills would have to make a last minute trade for Carolina's Captain Munnerlyn.

He would swoop down on the stadium from on high...cape flowing behind him as screams down from the heavens and invades Gillette Stadium...to rescue our boys.

What were we talking about?