Bills write off season??

sjjr

If Mr. DiCesare is right, the Bills are unloading big salaries to lower costs with no regard for the product on the field. They are also planning a Great Escape from Buffalo, according to Mr. DiCesare.

I don't agree with this. They cut or traded players like Peters, Walker, Dockery and Fowler. These players, purely based on production last season, all underproduced at key points in the season. This line was put together to be able to maul all defenses, including 3-4s in the AFC East. It was so bad last season that teams could stop the run with a base 3-4 and go into coverage. That made Edwards look bad because he had no receiver other than Evans that could go and make plays in that scenario.

They made a great investment in TO for both business and on the field. He is the 2nd guy to go and make plays. They traded an overvalued LT in Jason Peters. Dockery was a one dimensional guard. By all accounts Walker was overpaid and not producing. They replace these guys with two high draft picks that are smart, all weather players that love to play the game. They must feel Bell is better than Walker now. Hangartner will be missed by the Panthers. Butler was a great RT at Virginia, when he was on the field.

If Ralph and Brandon are purely cost cutting and writing off the season, they should have finished the job then. What about guys like Kelsay, Denney, Parrish, Reed and McCargo? They all have big cap numbers but weren't cut. They cut players like C.Bryan, Hawthorne, Bowen and Mace who performed in preseason and would play at much lower salaries. The difference is they see value in these guys and these guys want to be there.

The problem is, the Bills should have made these last few moves months ago. Ralph is demanding a competitive team and these are panic moves by Jauron to right the ship on the offense. Jauron must feel these are the best football players and coaches that the Bills have to win games this season. We'll see how it goes.....

Ralph is demanding a competitive team

That's what I don't see. I'm not sure the franchise has really done anything in the last several months to demonstrate that's the real intent. Signing Owens, cutting Turk (way late), calling a meeting in Detroit (that we assume involved some kind of a lecture to Jauron and co., who by all rights should've been gone last year) and cutting another starting OL on an already highly inexperienced O-line, all seem to be more directed at keeping the fan base from revolting than a move toward ensuring we have a competitive team.

I'm sure Ralph would rather win than lose, and that he cares ... to a point. I just don't think his actions are showing us a willingness to forego an extra dollar of profit for an extra ounce of competitiveness. Thoughts?