Is the first game plan from Kelly?

SlamnSam

Guest dog14787
I highly doubt that. I think the move was made with enough time before the first game where they could scrap that whole plan or at least make a major overhaul to it.

I agree

I'm pretty sure the first game plan will be Turk Schonert's game plan. They've already been preparing for the Pats*. I doubt they change it up at this point.

I think Turks firing speaks volumes about what they thought of his game plan. Jauron made comments at the press conference yesterday about being focused on different things and being more aggressive.

I think that was a glaring goodbye Turk game plan!

I think Turks firing speaks volumes about what they thought of his game plan. Jauron made comments at the press conference yesterday about being focused on different things and being more aggressive.

I think that was a glaring goodbye Turk game plan!

Considering the Pats'* secondary has been torched this preseason and being somewhat familiar with Turk's previous game plans, I'm guessing they had drawn up a 1 WR, 2 RB, 1 FB, 1 TE attack that would completely trick the Pats* by running between the tackles all day. We'd totally catch them by surprise. Imagine their surprise after they spent all week trying to figure out how to take TO out of the game and we didn't even play TO!

I disagree. If you have read the posts conserning the difference in ideologies between DJ and TS, I would assume any plan TS had would be tossed, or atleast undergo major modification. Simplicity was the key to the Nohuddle of the SB Bills. I'm hoping for a return to the Glory Years, and an opening day shocker would be ever so sweet. Go BILLS!!!!

The key wasn't simplicity as much as it was how well they were able to execute the limited set of plays that were used, and that they were so well designed that they could all be run from any of their sets, and defenses couldn't key on what they were going to do off of a set or formation. Until the snap defenses didn't know what the play was. Eventually the patterns of Jim Kelly's play calling became one of the big weaknesses of the offense, since he had some predictable tendencies, but the formations or the pre-snap looks were pretty much the same no matter what play was called.

The other thing they had was allot of talent, and cohesiveness. The thing they relied on was individual players winning their one on one match ups more often than not. This team does have the talent in the skill positions to do that, but the line does not in my opinion. Until they gel and learn each others strengths and tendencies, things like blitz/stunt pickup, and line shifts will struggle more in no huddle than if huddled. Reason I say that, is when huddling they have a chance to talk and discuss issues between plays, that they do not get in no huddle.

Same goes with receivers and QB. How many times has a big play happened, when a WR comes back in the huddle and says, hes biting on this, before the defensive coach has a chance to correct the problem on sidelines.

It takes a veteran team that has worked together for several years to execute the no huddle offense efficiently and consistently in my opinion, and I don't think this team will be successful consistently if they try to run the offense more than a few series a game.