I need info on the '64 Championship game!!

Reverendod

I have been trying to contat everyone from Billy Shaw to Cookie Gilchrist , even Keith Lincoln, but I have not gotten to far. Looking for any references or contact, or just good stories about the game from anyone. Thanks for any posts!

~O'D

112858[/snapback]

Contact the Bills Alumni Association. You should be able to get their e-mail address from the Bills website.

I have been trying to contat everyone from Billy Shaw to Cookie Gilchrist , even Keith Lincoln, but I have not gotten to far. Looking for any references or contact, or just good stories about the game from anyone. Thanks for any posts!

~O'D

112858[/snapback]

Good luck with Cookie. Last I knew, he was near me in the Philly area. Don't expect him to talk much about the "good times" with the Bills, but more about his bitterness towards the Bills and the NFL. I purposely avoided an interview with him, because I knew it would get ugly.

Good luck with Cookie. Last I knew, he was near me in the Philly area. Don't expect him to talk much about the "good times" with the Bills, but more about his bitterness towards the Bills and the NFL. I purposely avoided an interview with him, because I knew it would get ugly.

112869[/snapback]

Yeah - I remember Denny Lynch speaking at a Booster Club meeting over the summer, when he was telling us about the reunion for the Alumni Day game. People asked him whether either Gilchrist or Lou Saban were invited; he said everyone had been invited, but he sincerely doubted Cookie would show up. Considering everything that happened during his short-but-turbulent tenure here, and that he still considers Ralph Wilson a "slave-owner", I have to agree with Ken - if you're looking for positive memories of that season, you probably won't find them talking to Gilchrist.

At any rate, reverendod, you can get his e-mail address at his website - www.cookiegilchrist.com.

If you don't already have it, here's a link to a Larry Felser story about the '64 team that includes a list of surviving players and where they're at.

http://www.livingprimetime.com/AllCovers/Oct2004/Bills.htm

But like Ken said, your best bet is to contact the Alumni Chapter - I'm sure guys like Booker Edgerson, Al Bemiller, and Charley Ferguson would be more than happy to talk to you. And if you make it to any home games, you're more than likely to find them in the fieldhouse before the game...

Can't find Billy Shaw's mailing address right at the moment, but he'd be a great interview, too. Class act all the way.

Good luck, and we look forward to reading your story!

You might want to brush up on your grammar, too.

two is the number.

too means also or too many.

to is the preposition, as in "to the book-burning".

113680[/snapback]

It's called "proof-reading". I think they have word-processing programs that do that.

:lol:

But like Ken said, your best bet is to contact the Alumni Chapter - I'm sure guys like Booker Edgerson, Al Bemiller, and Charley Ferguson would be more than happy to talk to you. And if you make it to any home games, you're more than likely to find them in the fieldhouse before the game...

113677[/snapback]

All three of those guys are great. Ernie Warlick is also an excellent person to talk with, and very approachable. I have talked with them on many occasions.