Let's not forget the cycle

cmjoyce113

The Bills were great in the late 80's and early 90's.

The Pats and Colts and Eagles and Cardinals sucked forever.

Why doesn't everyone calm the hell down about how this year is going to suck again? I am just as frustrated as the next guy ab not making the playoffs in forever but I know that eventually things will turn around. Eventually the Patriots wont be good anymore and the Bills will be good.

The Dolphins went from 1-15 to the 11-5, why can't we go from 7-9 fo 11-5? We are probably 25 minutes of play time for our starters into the season and so many people are hanging it up. You guys are nuts.

The Bills were great in the late 80's and early 90's.

The Pats and Colts and Eagles and Cardinals sucked forever.

Why doesn't everyone calm the hell down about how this year is going to suck again? I am just as frustrated as the next guy ab not making the playoffs in forever but I know that eventually things will turn around. Eventually the Patriots wont be good anymore and the Bills will be good.

The Dolphins went from 1-15 to the 11-5, why can't we go from 7-9 fo 11-5? We are probably 25 minutes of play time for our starters into the season and so many people are hanging it up. You guys are nuts.

Eventually turn around? Based on what, DJ's press conferences? It's easy to be optimistic this time of year because there haven't been any real games played. This is how each season starts, with plenty of optimism and emotional feel good articles. Then the Bills play the games.

BTW, how many times does this board need a post with "calm" and "down" in the subject line or the text of the post? I'm calm, even though DJ still coaches the team.

Eventually turn around? Based on what, DJ's press conferences? It's easy to be optimistic this time of year because there haven't been any real games played. This is how each season starts, with plenty of optimism and emotional feel good articles. Then the Bills play the games.

BTW, how many times does this board need a post with "calm" and "down" in the subject line or the text of the post? I'm calm, even though DJ still coaches the team.

Well I didn't write calm or down in my subject so your wrong there. Secondly maybe this isn't the year things turn around but maybe it is. Our defense should be better and with the addition of T.O. our entire offense should improve. Not to mention the no huddle will give Trent the ability to read the field which is his strong suit.

F coaching... everyone says that is our problem, bla bla bla, coaching doesnt fuggin win or lose games, players do. Players need to step up and get it done.

The point of this post is to point out that teams suck for a while and then they are good, like I said the Colts blew for years, the Jets sucked for years, the Bucs sucked for years. Eventually things turn around. When that is I guess we will all have to wait and see.

Why doesn't everyone calm the hell down about how this year is going to suck again?

I'm sure you haven't watched the team much over the past 9 seasons. As has been pointed out, there is a disease in management on this team, and no one has addressed them. If your management, i.e. owner, GM, HC, is out of whack, the on-field product will as well. It's like that in any organization, and Buffalo does not have savvy experienced NFL types at GM and HC with a 91 year old owner deciding whether the coach stays.

On field, the Bills chose to build from the outside in. They've failed to adequately address the DL and OL from 06-08, then drafted three rookies in 09 to make up for it. Meanwhile, the've drafted far too many guys off the ball and wonder why the OL needed an infusion of new bodies. The DL hasn't generated any pass rush since forever, and oh by the way, it's the same group there as there was last season.

The truth hurts, and in this case feel free to be hopeful. But recall what transpired last season and then tell me why with a harder schedule this team will succeed.

The Dolphins went from 1-15 to the 11-5, why can't we go from 7-9 fo 11-5?

The Dolphins didn't go from 1-15 to 11-5 by continuing to do the same thing they had been doing year after mediocre year. They got a new GM (Parcells) and a new head coach(Sparano) and changed half the starting line up. My point is, you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

I believe there is talent on this team and agree that good players can win games but they are still confined to game plans and game day playcalling. Dick Jauron has had the same coaching style since day one (play not to lose). I, and others, don't believe that tiger is going to change his stripes.

We're all die hard Bills fans and will stick with them till the end. We just keep it real and temper our optomism a litte more than we used to.