POZ... way better, a tad better, or same as last year?

Pitta

Just curious... Is he gonna become a stud or just a decent LB this year?

I think he'll be a good deal better. Second full year as a starter, third year on the team. By now he should be fully acclimated to life as a starting NFL middle linebacker, and I think we'll see that comfort level reflected in his play.

Thoughts.

It looks like POZ gained about 10-15 lbs in muscle mass. The dude looks beastly. I think he will be alot better this year. I give him 2 INT 2 SACKS around 90-110 tackles

I would love it if he had those stats. I am a little greedy, i would like 5 sacks 4 ints for his total.

I don't see any reason that Poz won't take the next step as a LB. More experience and a better pass rush will only help his game and I expect him to be a leader of this defense for a long time.

He's the type of guy that has an amazing workout schedule in the offseason and will come into camp stronger, faster and more comfortable with this defense.

I also think Poz will take more of a leadership role this season, taking Maybin under his wing early. They are both Penn State guys and have worked out together in the offseason.

Since he got the full first year off, last year he was a rookie.

Some rookies excel then have a sophomore slump, others start ok and get better year 2. I expect (hope) POZ to be the second variety and right now to start a series of 6-8 years of really solid to great play.

Hopefully since he is good we won't let him leave after his first contract a la Clements, Wionfield, etc. We should try to keep him like he as average as Chris Kelsay, even if he IS good!

I don't see any reason that Poz won't take the next step as a LB. More experience and a better pass rush will only help his game and I expect him to be a leader of this defense for a long time.

He's the type of guy that has an amazing workout schedule in the offseason and will come into camp stronger, faster and more comfortable with this defense.

I also think Poz will take more of a leadership role this season, taking Maybin under his wing early. They are both Penn State guys and have worked out together in the offseason.

This is where I believe we'll see a big step up in Poz. Yes, he's only played in around 18-19 games, but it's his 3rd season with the team, coaches and scheme. In this ever-changing league, this is a definate advantage! He also impresses me as a guy who's willing to take on a big leadership role. A VERY good thing on a team that doesn't appear to have that many -other than a collective love for the coach.. :rolleyes:

The problem is people have completely overrated Poz to start with. He is made out to be some top 10 pick when he was actually a 2nd rounder. He is a very solid player and since he was pretty much a rookie, he would have made almost any all rookie team.

I look for him to take the step with more familiarity with the defense and hopefully an ungraded pass rush.