Steelers the Best in the NFL? You gotta say yes.

ICE

#3 Defense in football, Handed not a loss but BEAT DOWNS on the two undefeated teams left.  I think you saw the Superbowl played yesterday. Philly v Pitt

108618[/snapback]

To be the man you got to beat the man...Steelers did that to the Patriots and the Eagles

Every week you keep thinking he'll falter, then he continues to impress. I hope Losman can do half as well when he gets his shot. Expecting what Big Ben's doing is unfathomable. Off the charts, and I wish him well. Too bad we didn't make that higher trade-up, eh?

Every week you keep thinking he'll falter, then he continues to impress.  I hope Losman can do half as well when he gets his shot.  Expecting what Big Ben's doing is unfathomable.  Off the charts, and I wish him well.  Too bad we didn't make that higher trade-up, eh?

108972[/snapback]

I'm not ready to say that yet. However great it would be to have Ben, we don't know what Losman is going to do yet.

In a year or two it might be a better scenario to have Evans and JP over just Ben.

I think the Steelers accomplishments are great so far. The fact that a lot of their work has been based on a great job by their D and a top notch running game with multiple starter quality backs bodes well for their chances.

However all this being said the great thing about this game is that it is played on the field and not in the newspapers, by pundits on TV and certainly by pundits on the internet.

The Vikes showed last year as was pointed out earlier in this thread that declaring a team the SB winner at this point is so shockingly premature that they didn't even make the playoffs. I think Pitt is likely more balanced than the Vikes and will not be victims to such a meltdown, but the Red Sox proved to us against the Yanks that it ain't over til its over.

Analysis about the Steelers strengths by TSW posters such as the factoid that the Steelers D is #3 are greatly appreciated since this note had missed my eye, However, pronouncements as to who will be in the SB bring gales of laughter from me and undermine presentation of objective notes in a post.

Special Teams

Pitt  Good ST's

Buff  now GREAT ST's

108627[/snapback]

Granted, BUF special teams are 1000x better than BUF special teams 2000, but Lindell still scares the crap out of me. Im not sold on him yet. I think hes gonna lose us at least 1 game this season. Id downgrade that Great to Good.