Will our rookies get signed before start of

ganesh

We have had two signings so far and I haven't heard anything yet about our 1st and 2nd rounders...Are any talks ongoing and is any of the players close to signing...I think the Steelers and Bears and probably the Patriots have most of their draft class signed.

We have had two signings so far and I haven't heard anything yet about our 1st and 2nd rounders...Are any talks ongoing and is any of the players close to signing...I think the Steelers and Bears and probably the Patriots have most of their draft class signed.

Couldn't tell you when this was updated last . . .

2009 Draft Class Signing Status

It looks like the Pat*s have a lot of their picks signed . . . but only two 1st Rounders have been signed. It always seems that once it get quite close to camp that all of the slots start to fall into place.

It will be a relief (to teams and fans) to have a rookie salary cap with the new CBA so this nonsense of mortgaging the future on a potential bust will be ended. I would imagine that with a reasonable rookie cap, teams will get their picks signed that much more quickly.

Don't just the Bills and Titans open their camps this weekend, since they are playing in the "extra" preseason game this year (HOF game in Canton)? The other teams usually don't start until the following week, so the rest of the league has that extra week to work on signing draft picks prior to camp. I think that means that the Bills likely will NOT have their top draft picks signed by this weekend (Maybin, Wood, Levitre, Byrd, Nelson, etc), since the "slotting" from the other teams with picks around those spots likely won't be done in time. That's a shame, because those guys could use all the time in camp they can get! ;-(

Update: Link to NFL training camp schedules:

NFL Training Camp Schedules

GO BILLS!