Positive Comments about Jauron

The definition of stupidity: Doing the same things over and over again while expecting different results.

7-9, 7-9, 7-9,....... My prediction for this team in 2009-2010 (under Jauron) 7-9 :rolleyes:

Doing the same would mean that we had the same head coach. We do. It would also mean we had the same players. We don't. It would also mean we had the same assistant coaches. It would also mean we had the same game plans, the same schedule, the same LT, etc. And we don't.

You could say, with just as much validity: "The definition of stupidity: Doing the same things over and over again while expecting different results. Therefore we need to get rid of Marcus Stroud, since he was our DT last year and we went 7 - 9."

We aren't doing the same thing. We decided that the reason we sucked last year had a lot to do with personnel and made a lot of changes there. It is a reasonable guess, and a reasonable plan.

I think you are his only supporter, and NOONE thinks he is "That good a coach".

I've been an ardent Jauron supporter up until last year. Starting the season 5-1 and then ending up with a 7-9 record which included a loss to SF, at home, is inexcusable in my book. I like Jauron a lot but I wouldn't have been upset if he had been fired last year. However, I have no say in whether he stays or goes and I'm certainly not going to root against him so I'm hoping he finally puts it all together this year. If he can get the team a 10-6 record out of the AFCE then I'll ardently support him for 2010.

Doing the same would mean that we had the same head coach. We do. It would also mean we had the same players. We don't. It would also mean we had the same assistant coaches. It would also mean we had the same game plans, the same schedule, the same LT, etc. And we don't.

You could say, with just as much validity: "The definition of stupidity: Doing the same things over and over again while expecting different results. Therefore we need to get rid of Marcus Stroud, since he was our DT last year and we went 7 - 9."

We aren't doing the same thing. We decided that the reason we sucked last year had a lot to do with personnel and made a lot of changes there. It is a reasonable guess, and a reasonable plan.

In 2006 Levy purged the roster and Jauron went 7-9. In 2007 the Bills had more talent and Jauron went 7-9. In 2008 the Bills had the most talent he's ever had and the Bills went 7-9. Part of that is due to better coaches coming into the division but that shouldn't matter. If Sparano can take a 1-15 team to 11-5 Jaruon should at least have hit 9-7 once in three years. This is his defining year. We shall see what we shall see.

BTW, the writer of the article has a glaring error in his piece.

Levy quickly began to clean house. After purging the roster, the Bills turned to the ideals that made them a power-house for so many years. The team began to build their roster primarily through the draft. Young talent like Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch, Donte Whitner, Paul Posluzny, Terrence McGee and Fred Jackson all got their start in Buffalo. In fact, some fans with short term memories may be surprised to learn that only eight players remain from the Donahoe era (Moorman, Lindell, Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, Evans, Parrish and Reed) and several of them could be gone before the season starts. Essentially, the entire roster has been flipped in only three short years!

He seems to think McGee is a Levy pick when in fact he was a Done a ho' pick.