My Top 46 Bills Players This Season

Kenwick

Here is my 46 man Bills Roster for the 1st game this season:

2-QBs... Edwards......Should have a better year this year than last. His concusion really set him back last season

Fitzpatrick...He will be a much better QB than Losman. Losman was a complete disaster last season

3-RBs... Lynch, Jackson & Rhoads will be teriffic for us this season. They will have holes and lanes to run through this year.

1-FB.... McIntyre ....Hopefully he will be better opening holes so the RBs can get into the secodary of the defense.

3-TEs... Fine, Schouman, Nelson.This is a much better trio than last year.Royal was a bust, for he dropped to many passes

7-OL.... Walker, Levitre, Hangardner, Woods, Butler, Chandler, McKinney...Walker will be better than what Peters played

last year, Levitre will be better than what we got from Dockery, Hangardner is hands down better than Preston and

Fowler put together, Woods will be a warrior at RG and Butler hopefully can play as good as Walker did at RT last

season. I think he will. Chandler and McKenney are both capable back ups and are better than what we has last

year.

5-WRs.. Owens, Evans, Reed, Parish, Johnson...Edwards has great targets to throw to this season...Lots of depth in addition

21 Players on Offense of the 46 players allowed

7-DL.... Maybin, Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, Stroud, Williams, McCargo .... This group is much improved over last season

Maybin gives them the pass rush on one side and Schobel on the other side on passing plays.

Stroud, Williams & a improved McCargo give them the pressure up the middle

Kelsay and Denney will be a one two punch in subing keeping the DEs fresh

5-LBs... Ellison, Posluszny, Mitchell, DiGiorgio, Thomas ... Good flexibility here with experience and talent

5-CBs... McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Florence, Corner ... If McKelvin developes into a shut down corner the whole

secondary will be off the wall good. Covering a #1 receiver by himself gives the others more options to play

defense and cover other receivers. McKelvin hopefully shows this season he can do it like he was doing it at

the end of last season. This is a strong unit if they stay healthy and McKelvin really improves. You gotta like Corner

5-DBs.. Whitner and Scott are two good strong safties. Byrd and Wilson will be good at Free Safety. I like

Wendling as mostly a Special Team Player. He is another great special team player in the making a la Tasker.

22 Defensive Players

3-ST... PK...Lindell P...Moorman and LS Neil

Total of 46 active starters

I am basing these 46 players on reports from OTAs and interviews....

The other 7 men to make up the 53 man roster are: (in my opinion)

QB Hamdan

WR Hardy

WR Jenkins

OT Bell

DT Johnson

LB Harris

LB Bowen

Cutting in my opinion...

FS Simpson

DE Ellis

RB Oman

DE Bryan

LB Corto

LB Buggs

CB Fox

Here is my 46 man Bills Roster for the 1st game this season:

2-QBs... Edwards......Should have a better year this year than last. His concusion really set him back last season

Fitzpatrick...He will be a much better QB than Losman. Losman was a complete disaster last season

3-RBs... Lynch, Jackson & Rhoads will be teriffic for us this season. They will have holes and lanes to run through this year.

1-FB.... McIntyre ....Hopefully he will be better opening holes so the RBs can get into the secodary of the defense.

3-TEs... Fine, Schouman, Nelson.This is a much better trio than last year.Royal was a bust, for he dropped to many passes

7-OL.... Walker, Levitre, Hangardner, Woods, Butler, Chandler, McKinney...Walker will be better than what Peters played

last year, Levitre will be better than what we got from Dockery, Hangardner is hands down better than Preston and

Fowler put together, Woods will be a warrior at RG and Butler hopefully can play as good as Walker did at RT last

season. I think he will. Chandler and McKenney are both capable back ups and are better than what we has last

year.

5-WRs.. Owens, Evans, Reed, Parish, Johnson...Edwards has great targets to throw to this season...Lots of depth in addition

21 Players on Offense of the 46 players allowed

7-DL.... Maybin, Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, Stroud, Williams, McCargo .... This group is much improved over last season

Maybin gives them the pass rush on one side and Schobel on the other side on passing plays.

Stroud, Williams & a improved McCargo give them the pressure up the middle

Kelsay and Denney will be a one two punch in subing keeping the DEs fresh

5-LBs... Ellison, Posluszny, Mitchell, DiGiorgio, Thomas ... Good flexibility here with experience and talent

5-CBs... McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Florence, Corner ... If McKelvin developes into a shut down corner the whole

secondary will be off the wall good. Covering a #1 receiver by himself gives the others more options to play

defense and cover other receivers. McKelvin hopefully shows this season he can do it like he was doing it at

the end of last season. This is a strong unit if they stay healthy and McKelvin really improves. You gotta like Corner

5-DBs.. Whitner and Scott are two good strong safties. Byrd and Wilson will be good at Free Safety. I like

Wendling as mostly a Special Team Player. He is another great special team player in the making a la Tasker.

22 Defensive Players

3-ST... PK...Lindell P...Moorman and LS Neil

Total of 46 active starters

I am basing these 46 players on reports from OTAs and interviews....

The other 7 men to make up the 53 man roster are: (in my opinion)

QB Hamdan

WR Hardy

WR Jenkins

OT Bell

DT Johnson

LB Harris

LB Bowen

Cutting in my opinion...

FS Simpson

DE Ellis

RB Oman

DE Bryan

LB Corto

LB Buggs

CB Fox

LMO when I read that... You must be living in a dream world..

QB maybe OK, Edwards is more experienced, but needs to stay healthy and that's a tall order. He has a history of being brittle, his back-ups are bums.

RB's see OL

OL - This unit will suck.. Rookies and 2nd year players learning new positions. I have reservations if either or both rookies will even start.. With this group of misfits, the RB's will have no areas to run which is why we're looking for gimmicks already, like a no huddle .

WR-- see OL'.. I like this group if Edwards would have time..

TE-- Worst in the NFL, they can't block or catch ;)

DL- adequate at best. Stroud played for a new contract last year. Schobel, overated got his sacks against weak opponents in meaningless situations in the past. Maybin? Big gamble here needlessly one year of college? projected to go much farther down the draft maybe OK but not this year ... Kelsey, another loser

LB Ellison is a joke the rest are adequate

DB- Well considering they have about 12 , they should be OK.

3-13 !

I can't see us cutting Ellis already. He had no impact last year, but at the same time, he was a rookie and a 3rd round pick.

I'd like to see Corto make the roster, too. I like that he's a local guy, but more importantly on special teams, he was outstanding. We just cut Costanzo, so I think that Corto has a good shot at making the roster.

I'd like to see Simpson, Bryan, & Oman cut.

I can't see us cutting Ellis already. He had no impact last year, but at the same time, he was a rookie and a 3rd round pick.

I'd like to see Corto make the roster, too. I like that he's a local guy, but more importantly on special teams, he was outstanding. We just cut Costanzo, so I think that Corto has a good shot at making the roster.

I'd like to see Simpson, Bryan, & Oman cut.

I'm having trouble seeing Thomas make the team at linebacker. He hasn't seemed to distinguish himself up to now (though it's only OTAs) and there is a lot of underwhelming/unproven competition there. I think Corto would be a good ST option over Thomas, if they think Bowen/Harris/Ellison are going o keep him on the bench. The only way I see Thomas making it is if Bowen is looked at as more of a STer than LB when training camp gets under way.

I'm having trouble seeing Thomas make the team at linebacker. He hasn't seemed to distinguish himself up to now (though it's only OTAs) and there is a lot of underwhelming/unproven competition there. I think Corto would be a good ST option over Thomas, if they think Bowen/Harris/Ellison are going o keep him on the bench. The only way I see Thomas making it is if Bowen is looked at as more of a STer than LB when training camp gets under way.

Yeah, Thomas & Bowen are the wildcards in our LB corp. Thomas could very easily be a camp cut, especially if Bowen comes out and performs. Although, who knows how the severe knee injury could affect Bowen's speed. He might be done before he even starts.

I think that out of everyone, I'd like to see Harris light it up in camp and eventually overtake Ellison. We've seen what Ellison can do, and it isn't much. Hopefully Harris will bring something to the table that Ellison can't.

It wouldn't make any sense for Jenkins to make the team and then not dress. If he makes it, it will be due to his special teams ability, in which case, he will dress and play (as he did last year). Otherwise, he will get cut and that roster spot will be used for a younger player with upside who's not quite ready. #2, I think you mean Chambers as opposed to Chandler. #3, Spencer Johnson will dress every week. He can play DE and DT and was fine last year rotating in on DT. I'm kind of surprised that Kelsay didn't get cut already, but I still think he has to prove something in order to make the team.

I dont know why people dog out Bryan Scott. Pro bowler no, solid player?...absolutely....Ko Simpson will battle it out with Wilson.....one of the two will be cut....I also don't know why people are so down on Fine at Tight End....the few reps he got last year, I saw some good things from him...adequate blocker....decent route running and good separation (for a tight end)...this kid will certainly win the starting job this year and he is going to be put up solid numbers.....I like schouman in as a second tight end....he has very reliable hands and is probably the best blocker of the three tight ends....this will give the rookie Nelson time to develop and bulk up......

also, bills will NOT keep 7 wr's on the roster...that would be crazy.....watch for Jenkins to be cut leaving the 6wr's in order to be: Evans, Owens, Reed, Parrish, Johnson & Hardy

and while talking about Parrish, let me say this.....he is not a great slot receiver...lets put this to rest ....how many times was he thrown to in the middle of the field and he didn't make the catch because the DB was too physical and bumped him off the route, got to the ball before him etc......he would be wonderful on bubble screens and end arounds...as long as the opposing D doesnt catch on to it.....Reed is much more effective in the slot....I knows how to find the soft spot in the zone...he is great with the ball in hands...he is a great 3rd down receiver.....remember him during this rookie year?...thats what I expect to see out of him

James Hardy hasn't shown much but keep in mind ...the second best Bills receiver of all time didn't hit his stride until his 3rd year (Eric Moulds)...I think Hardy should only be in the game in goal line situations....