Justin Jenkins - making his case

Coach55

The problem is that Brown tends to hype things and this is only practice. Not trying to be negative nancy here but I highly doubt Jenkins is going to now turn into a gamer. I understand he has ST skills but he has been around long enough to prove that he can see game time. Johnson is more likely to take the step forward.

You mean like what happened with Fred Jackson and Jabari Greer, who never ever saw the field until they were forced by injured starters?

one posibility is that they put hardy on IR and keep jenkins. mainly for his ST contribution. but i am not sure how likely that is. but that is the only way i see jenkins staying on this team
Personally I think that is exactly what they do with Hardy. He is not a ST'er and unless they carry 7, I think he only has about a 60% chance of making the team.

As was mentioned already, the PUP would be the device used, not IR. Active PUP means the player can be activated anytime. Reserve PUP means the player can be activated after 6 weeks and is given a 3 week window to practice before activation. If Hardy's ACL recovery takes too long, then it's a no brainer that Jenkins will make the roster and Hardy will be on PUP to start the season.

I can remember the same thing not too long ago with WR turned Safety George Wilson.

He was all the rage when he was a WR, constantly catching this, and that, etc.

You can add the names of Jonathan "Fast Freddie" Smith and longtime special teams ace Sam Aiken. The biggest thing conspiring against Jenkins is the numbers game.