Interesting tid bit per John Murphy (not confirmed)

All Drafted players are terrors in College.

not true, i.e. matt cassel. He did nt even play because of carson palmer and matt lienart, who were both ahead of him on the depth chart. And for that matter, Tom brady. He was not good in college at all, compared to now-

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not true, i.e. matt cassel. He did nt even play because of carson palmer and matt lienart, who were both ahead of him on the depth chart. And for that matter, Tom brady. He was not good in college at all, compared to now-

Well almost all players. QB"s are a little different I will admit.

I should clarify, Bowen would have started over Ellison. If Crowell wasn't IRed, he would have started. I'm just posting what a few other people heard... so it could be wrong.

I believe it. I had also heard that he looked very strong early last year.

Let's face it, when guys "show up", Dick and the rest of the Bill's staff like to put guys in. Remember how bad they wanted Butler to take the RG spot in his second year? Jauron pined throughout training camp on what a shame it was that he was not healthy enough to compete for the RG job the whole time and I think he was heathy enough to play the last 1 or 2 preseason games (did not start any if I remember correctly) and all of a sudden he is the opening day starter in '07.

Another idication that the REALLY like Bowen is the fact they they did not make any huge offers to Crowell, June, Pisa T., or Keaho (sp?). I do not know the money ythey offered, but would bet $100 it was not for more than 1 year. They like Bowen and probably like this year's 5th rounder as well. We will see if if he flashes like Bowen did last year and if Bowen can get it all back this year as well.

Same formula for Hardy. One year deal to TO to let him gow and recover. I think he may need more than 1 more year to make an impact though. Poor Hard will barely get any training camp time and he really needs it.

But I digress... The Bills really liked what Boewn did before his injury and he would have been the 3rd OLB before Angelo was hurt. No doubt about it. We will see if he can get to 95% physcially of what he was last year, b/c if so with him being so much further ahead mentally, he will be our starting OLB in place of Ellison at some point this year. All about his health...

I should clarify, Bowen would have started over Ellison. If Crowell wasn't IRed, he would have started. I'm just posting what a few other people heard... so it could be wrong.

I believe it. I had also heard that he looked very strong early last year.

Let's face it, when guys "show up", Dick and the rest of the Bill's staff like to put guys in. Remember how bad they wanted Butler to take the RG spot in his second year? Jauron pined throughout training camp on what a shame it was that he was not healthy enough to compete for the RG job the whole time and I think he was heathy enough to play the last 1 or 2 preseason games (did not start any if I remember correctly) and all of a sudden he is the opening day starter in '07.

Another idication that the REALLY like Bowen is the fact they they did not make any huge offers to Crowell, June, Pisa T., or Keaho (sp?). I do not know the money ythey offered, but would bet $100 it was not for more than 1 year. They like Bowen and probably like this year's 5th rounder as well. We will see if if he flashes like Bowen did last year and if Bowen can get it all back this year as well.

Same formula for Hardy. One year deal to TO to let him gow and recover. I think he may need more than 1 more year to make an impact though. Poor Hard will barely get any training camp time and he really needs it.

But I digress... The Bills really liked what Boewn did before his injury and he would have been the 3rd OLB before Angelo was hurt. No doubt about it. We will see if he can get to 95% physcially of what he was last year, b/c if so with him being so much further ahead mentally, he will be our starting OLB in place of Ellison at some point this year. All about his health...