T.O. after season one

If he plays well and actually helps Edwards figure out how to play QB in this league, I hope the Bills re-sign him for 2 more years.

IMO, as much as it appears that the Bills are trying to free up Evans and open up the passing game by signing TO, I trully believe that the Bills braintrust are also using this move to shake up and wake up Edwards. This is pretty much a do or die year for Edwards. He looked pretty decent for a few games last year but also looked absolutely abysmal for a number of games too. What better way to test the stones of a young QB than throw a veteran receiver into the mix. Obviously, Owens is well known to push his QB's to the limit, maximizing their potential, and this is something that Edwards does need to show that he can make it in the NFL. If the two fo them can click, the re-signing of Owens would be a no brainer for the organization, regardless of the cost.

I think the signing of Owens, if it has any positive affect, will be in giving Trent Edwards some confidence, and provide him a chance to develop his skills. I think anyone holding on to the notion that he will somehow make Hardy and Johnson a better receiver is kind of fooling themselves. If TO holds to form, those guys will not see much of the football, if Owens and Evans are healthy. Spreading the ball around too much, is what leads to TO's meltdowns... personally, while TO may make the Bills more entertaining to watch for a year, I don't see this team as being a serious playoff contender this coming season. This team would need a perfect storm (like every year) of a whole bunch of things going their way, to make a serious run at the playoffs.

I am wondering how far into his reality show it will be, before Owens takes a shot at Buffalo (whether it is subtle or obvious) before the fans turn on him. Just win games, and everything else solves itself...