Bills Offense Should Be Better Than Last Year's

I believe we had a terrrible offense last year on many counts. To start with just look at the Offensive line. It was "Offensive". It stunk. Peters played just awful. He wanted out. He wanted a competitive salary for Left Tackles. Other players on the Bills were making a lot more than he was. And I do not believe the spin doctors trying to make us believe he was given a fair shake salary wise. The Bills had Peters between a rock and a hard place and they kept him there so they would not have to pay him twice or more than what he deserved. (Philly paid him what they thought he desirved plus a 1st, 4th and a 6th to get him) Dockery stunk. He was unmoveable. Defensive players went around him because he could not move. He definitely could not pull to block. He was too freakin slow. As for Center. That was a joke. Fowler and Peterson stunk. What a disaster those two were. Butler, when he was not hurt was pretty damn good. Walker was stellar at LT and at RT. He was a solid acquisition. Looking back I can see why the Bills Brass has drasticily changed the Offensive line putting a lot of good talent there finally.

Yes the Bills line is a lot better than last year. They are going to have growing pains but guess what. They will open lanes for Lynch and Jackson. Our runners will actually find holes to run through. Not like last year when most of the yardage was obtained by the runners alone.

If this new offensive line can pass block, o-boy....With T.O., Evans, Reed, & now Nelson as starting receivers wow. Then you have Lynch and Jackson coming out of the backfield as safety valves....dynamite.......

Yeah I like the offense a lot better than last year. It will be much more exciting. They have real talent on the team now and guys who want to play. Big change from last year. I have not even talked about the draft picks which look damn good really. The Bills did really well in this years draft.

Over all I see a better running attack and with the addition of T.O. and Nelson along with the improvement of the other receivers I see a big improvement. Then there is Edwards.....

He was great the first 5 or 6 games. Then he got stung with a concussion. He probably took one of the hardest hits in his life. He was totally unprotected from that hit. His head bounced off the ground. He came back way to soon. The reason for that is because his backup, Losman was a totally complete disaster for the Bills last year. He was a real loser. So Edwards returned before he was ready. He never found himself till late in the season. He will be completely better this year. He will have a better line in front of him.

Now if the Offensive Coordinator improves along with the team, we will have a better club. More on that later....

I get really excited about our offense every offseason really (probably because we've been so awful). A couple years back John Clayton reported from Bills training camp that Losman looked like the real deal and the O was impressive...I was binging on the Kool-Aid!

I've tried to maintain realistic expecations since then, but i have to agree with pretty much everything you said. On paper, it looks like we should drastically improve. Depending on how the line gels and how Trent performs, essentially, we certainly have potential to be explosive. I think a lot of it also depends on what Turk draws up and if he is able to leverage our strengths. We shall see!

Well I agree that Turk is a factor but really it is all on Trents shoulders. He needs to play a whole lot better than in the past to fit all the hype he has gotten. I am rooting for him, but I dont see the acuracy that so many claim he has, I have seen some great saving catches by the WR corp though. So here is hoping that Trent continues to get better and stays healthy this year. If that happens we will have a winning season.

Our offense simply 100% sits on the Shoulders of Trent. He needs to execute the offense and stand in the pocket with confidence, even under pressure.

Sure people will say the line and all that jazz, but our Line wasnt nearly as bad as people make it out to be last year, and has a real shot of being better this year, especially against the 3-4.

I dont care how much someone loves him, Trent needs to improve in one critical area or he will be toast this year. He needs to learn how to progress through his reads better and more importantly faster. If he can do this, he will elevate his game this year because he throws an accurate ball when he makes his reads.

Trents #1 failure last year as a young QB was waiting too long on his primary target to get open causing him to miss wide open other options causing him to do one of the following:

1. Throw an ill advised pass after the window of opportunity had closed because he took too long to pull the trigger.

2. Not pull the trigger and hold the ball WAY too long taking a bad sack and sometimes fumble (he had 9 last year).

3. Immeidately check down when others were open because he took too long to find them.

The good news is that this is correctable and I think Trent has the intelligence to correct this. Another year under his belt reading defenses and understanding the playbook (continuity) will go a long way in his development of this, assuming he can improve on it. If he does, he will be much improved, especially with all the new weapons.

For someone like Trent who has marginal arm strength, being able to make quick decisions and throw the ball to where the WR/TE WILL be, again WILL be, is critical. He just didnt do this enough last year and looked like he didnt have the confidence to do this in the second half of last year. Everyone points to the AZ game that changed Trent, but its just not true. He lost his confidence when he cost us the Mia game when he had 2 bad turnovers in the 4th quarter and a really bad game all around. After that, he never regained his poise.

The best thing Turk can do with him is put him in a short 3 step drop back with a quick fire to playmakers like Nelson and Owens underneath (much like Warner picked us apart in the AZ game and how Brady always picks us apart) which will then open up the outside deep threat in Evans. Short, quick throws to guys who can make plays after the catch will put Trent in rhythm and really build his confidence.