Why looking at the schedule is stupid.

I wouldn't say folks get down on the Bills because of the schedule, they get down on the circumstances that seem to keep stacking the odds up against us year after year. I do agree with you however we can't put to much into the schedule. Look at what happened last year, it should have been an easier year with Brady going down and Miami in a rebuilding stage yet New England still beats the Bills twice and Miami wins the division so go figure. I realize the two teams I mentioned are on our schedule every year , but my point is from one year to the next we don't know how well teams will do, we can speculate and with teams like the Patriots we will probably be correct , but luckily for us most teams aren't as consistent as the Patriots are year in and year out.

It was easier after Brady went down, for the other two teams in the division, that actually had enough talent to capitalize on the injury. That just goes to show you how much more talent the other teams had than we did. We are a big reason why our schedule looks so tough every year. When you go 0-6 in your division, it plays a big part in your opponents having a better winning record the following year, which is what they base schedule difficulty on.

Guest dog14787
It was easier after Brady went down, for the other two teams in the division, that actually had enough talent to capitalize on the injury. That just goes to show you how much more talent the other teams had than we did. We are a big reason why our schedule looks so tough every year. When you go 0-6 in your division, it plays a big part in your opponents having a better winning record the following year, which is what they base schedule difficulty on.

I could name teams in the league that because of injury or other circumstances did not live up to expectations and other teams that went way beyond expectations, its why they play the game. You said it yourself, we are the main reason why we have struggled so it seems logical that with improvements on our part, should come improvements in the win loss column.

I'm not sure what the criteria is for setting the betting odds team by team before the season starts, but it would be interesting to know the exact formula.