"Gelling"

Indeed it does. Big Cat, I'm struggling to comprehend if you really don't understand that TIME TOGETHER is the essence of this magic 'gel' or just trying to get a rise out of everyone. If your intent is the latter, then I'm at least grateful for some well versed insights from many other posters, which have qualified your thread.

Short answer: even if we win the Super Bowl this year, the OL will be better next year from their experiences working together this year. Get it?? :thumbsup:

You don't hear about LB'ers having to gel, or about the DLine having to gel, you don't hear about Safeties having to gel, you don't hear about QB/WR/RB having to gel, it's always about the offensive line.

I wanted to know what --pertaining specifically to the offensive line and their duties-- makes this heralded gelling process so darn important.

Sorry if this thread annoyed and/or got a rise out of you, but if you did read the thread, you'd know that it's NOT just as simple as "TIME TOGETHER."

I'm well aware of the importance of team cohesion.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't hear about LB'ers having to gel, or about the DLine having to gel, you don't hear about Safeties having to gel, you don't hear about QB/WR/RB having to gel, it's always about the offensive line.

I wanted to know what --pertaining specifically to the offensive line and their duties-- makes this heralded gelling process so darn important.

Sorry if this thread annoyed and/or got a rise out of you, but if you did read the thread, you'd know that it's NOT just as simple as "TIME TOGETHER."

I'm well aware of the importance of team cohesion.

Actually you will hear the whole gelling thing about the QB/WR's often, about the RB's when pass blocking with the line, and about the secondary.

It is not just a offensive line type thing, even if it may be the most important for them, and imo "time together" might not be the whole thing but it is most of it.