Cheifs trying to trade down

Per PFT: The Lions have contacted the Cheifs about the 3rd overall pick. Maybe the Bills could work something out.

I thought they already drafted Stafford #1 overall, how could they move up??

Don't worry I know they have the 20th pick as well, just figured it was necessary for someone to make the comment before someone oblivious did.

Why?

well, Im not saying its true, but I could think of 2 reasons:..1 - they want 1 of the best OT to protect Stafford and 2 - they all ready know what they can sign Curry for..so why not make the move and take him

how could they afford to pay and #1 and a #3 pick- didnt stafford get 78 mil?

Stafford got $41 Million guaranteed. The signing bonus will get pro-rated over the 6 year contract. They could afford another first round pick, even the Wilson Bills could afford two first round picks.....oh that's right, the Bills do have two first round picks. Well, let's hope they keep both and get two outstanding players, as opposed to trading down to save money!

Back to the Lions. They need to finally spend money on their franchise, and investing in two top 5 or 10 picks would be a good way to show their fans that 0-16 was really the last straw!