Rumor about T.O.'s contract and it's stipulations

yall

Typical "friend of a friend heard from so-and-so" thing, so take it with a full sized helping of salt:

Friend of a friend was speaking to the father of someone involved with the Bills. The person stated that T.O.'s contract contains a provision wherein he will receive a million dollar bonus if he gets less than 90 catches. I challenged this saying "you or this guy probably misunderstood and it's a bonus for 90 or more catches, not less" and he replied that he was certain this is what he was told.

Have any of you ever seen a contract that paid a bonus if the team didn't get you enough carries, catches, snaps, etc? Sounds like total BS to me, or at least a complete misunderstanding, as I would almost expect there is a bonus for him to have 90 or more.

Maybe its a million if he catches under 90 and 3 mill is he catches more than 90

So he gets to 89 catches, what is his incentive to catch another pass? Does that kind of a clause make any sense at all? C'mon man, you actually posted this?

As you can clearly see from the original post, I didn't believe it at all. The question was: have you ever heard of a stipulation like that in a contract?

:angry: