Getting Rhodes Was Really Stupid

Rhodes is a smart Pick up he will spell Jackson the games Lynch is suspended and he will be there if either Lynch or Jackson is injured- what I don't understand from the topic starter is the idea that the first three games aren't important- do you think the Bills are so good they are going to Waltz into the playoffs - Please!!! if they make the playoffs it's going to be from scrapping for every game possible

Exactly, look at last season, we started out 5-1 and still landed in dead last place and so far out of the playoffs that we couldn't event get tickets for it. If this team starts 0-3 becuase of Lynch being out, he will have single handedly kept our playoff-less streak intact himself. Saying that, getting Rhodes was probably the smartest move that the Bills have made this off-season.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhodes is a smart Pick up he will spell Jackson the games Lynch is suspended and he will be there if either Lynch or Jackson is injured- what I don't understand from the topic starter is the idea that the first three games aren't important- do you think the Bills are so good they are going to Waltz into the playoffs - Please!!! if they make the playoffs it's going to be from scrapping for every game possible

The first 3 games are KEY. While yeah, it'll suck not having beast mode out there, I think we would have a better chance of winning ANY game if certain money was used elsewhere - like both lines.

Yes, I know that the salary of Rhodes is not going to buy you a superbowl caliber OL, but this signing really irritated me after I constantly see us put more money in positions that are better right now then others.

I know that...it's April and a lot can happen between now and openning day

I know that...if Rhodes wasn't confident he wouldn't get enough touches, he wouldn't have signed an incentive-laden deal

I know that...there are bigger fish to fry than this issue

Why do people fall in love with and want to put EVERY Bills player in the HOF ... Xavier is a nice story, but he hasn't proven squat in this league, and if Freddy Jackson gets hurt, I'm in no mood to have to find out.

Yeah, getting proven players and upgrading the talent on this team really pisses me off too! :ph34r:

Not only that, but an emerging trend in the NFL is for quite a few successful teams to have a three-headed running back approach instead of just 2, each bringing different skills to the table, for example:

#1 offense NO Saints: Reggie Bush / Deuce McAlister / Pierre Thomas

'07 Super Bowl Champs: Brandon Jacobs / Ahmad Bradshaw / Derrick Ward

Ravens: McClain / Ray Rice and, um, Moron

I know that Lynch will be gone for a few games.

I know that we will need depth at RB.

I know that D.Rhodes is a quality verteran, who in case of injuries could start for a while.

I also know...

In a few games Lynch will be back.

Fred Jackson KICKS ASS!

If we can't afford luxary items like Parrish( who IMO is extrememly valuable), then why the hell can we afford what will soon become the best THIRD string back in the league?

D. Rhodes also wants playing time(can't blame him) but in only a few games we will wont have enough carries for 3 starting caliber RB's.

Why didn't we just suck it up and tried to go with Jackson as starter, and maybe Oman or someother cheap player as backup? It will only be for a max 3 games. I really wish we had just given Jackson a fair raise with the money that we spent on Rhodes.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rhodes, it's just that RB is already possibly our deepest position!

I think we are trying to trade Jackson.