Looking for good automatic backup software

JoeFerguson

First, I would appreciate it if this wasn't moved to the consumer forum yet.

I'm aware of all the basics of backing up: Always have a backup of the backup. Keep your backup sources separate geographically, etc.

I've read the threads where Fez strongly advocates an online service such as Mozy. What I'm looking for is a simple and reliable piece of freeware (or cheap) software that will automatically backup certain directories on your computer to an external drive. I was using Iomega Automatic backup, only because it came with one of my drives. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First, I would appreciate it if this wasn't moved to the consumer forum yet.

I'm aware of all the basics of backing up: Always have a backup of the backup. Keep your backup sources separate geographically, etc.

I've read the threads where Fez strongly advocates an online service such as Mozy. What I'm looking for is a simple and reliable piece of freeware (or cheap) software that will automatically backup certain directories on your computer to an external drive. I was using Iomega Automatic backup, only because it came with one of my drives. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you have Leopard? The built in Timemachine software works well for me.