You have to respect a true majority

theesir

While I certainly hoped that Kerry would win I have to say that Bush (this time) truely recieved a mandate. I may not agree, but 51% of the people in the country that voted did agree with him. That may not be a huge mandate, but in a democracy it counts. When is the last time a president even received 50% of the popular vote??

There are huge area of the country that the democrats need to get in better touch with or it could be decades before they take the house, senate or presidency.

While I certainly hoped that Kerry would win I have to say that Bush (this time) truely recieved a mandate. I may not agree, but 51% of the people in the country that voted did agree with him. That may not be a huge mandate, but in a democracy it counts. When is the last time a president even received 50% of the popular vote??

There are huge area of the country that the democrats need to get in better touch with or it could be decades before they take the house, senate or presidency.

99138[/snapback]

Although I risk a flaming, you are very right. Just an opinion, but the Dems all seem to be concentrating on what is best for them individually, while he Reps seem to be concentrating on what is better collectively. The Dems need to figure this one out. they have to adjust a mindset, not just come up with new ideas.