Peters wants a new contract/Jackson wants a new contract

There's a difference here though... Peters signed a 5 year deal when he was getting close to the league minimum. That was dumb because now he's stuck with it. We did pay Peters, he's just pissed that he made a bad decision. Jackson gets a lousy qualifying offer and from what I understand that's all they have to do next year to keep him too... forgive me, I read that at either WGR's site or through the Buffalo news and don't have the patience too find it. He's 28 now... running backs don't last long in this league. He has to get paid NOW or else he could be screwed. Everyone on this board would do exactly what Fred is doing if they were in his situation. The Bills should pay him.

Jackson most definitely deserves a large pay raise. He has performed extremely well for the Bills and at his age this could be his last shot at the bucks. Pay him.... ching!!

As for fat ass Peters, although I'm learning how to hate the guys guts, he's awful good, so one of 2 things; either trade him for at least a 1st and a 2nd, or sign him up on a new long term contract. But anything more that 10 million would be a disgrace!

I can see a trend building here. You cant let players dictitate when you give them a raise becuase you cant reduce it when they arent playing up to the standard.

But after Peters and Jackson gets theirs whats to stop Trent from saying hey I am the starting QB and the back up is making a million more than me to hold a clip board He didnt complain becuase JP was the starter before him but now JP isnt there why should someone behind him make more money? Whats to stop him from saying If you dont pay me I will sit out.

Then who comes after Trent in this non stop redo my contract I am no longer making what I am worth crap!!

Playout the exsiting contracts!!!

um peters and jackson are two separate issues. you can't lump them together. FJ deserves his raise, and Peters, though he may warrant one, should be more of a professional ala jeff saturady, alan fanecan and now currently brian waters who were all still playing despite being underpaid.

You're thinking waaaaay too highly of Trent Edwards. His play was very bad after the Charger game except when facing the defenseless Chiefs and Broncos. He played Losman-like bad. During JP's worst stretches of play bad. Trent was bad. The Bills should actually be thinking about drafting a raw talented QB with very good potential after the third round. If "The Natural" Trent Edwards continues his downward spiral then the Bills will no doubt have a four or five win season in 2009 and will be drafting a QB within the first five picks of the 2010 draft.

Although you never know with Ralph, he did hand one of the worst coaches in NFL history a three year deal. Trent might as well throw his hat into the renegotiating contract ring.

You know, you just reminded me of that God-awful Monday Night game that Trent had. I think that was worse than JP's worst game ever. Even worse than JP fumbling against the Jets. But wouldn't you know it, as soon as Trent started to look like an NFL quarterback on that last drive, didn't the Bills choose to run it up the middle and go for a long field goal? Can you imagine the post-game comments that TO would have made?

You know, you just reminded me of that God-awful Monday Night game that Trent had. I think that was worse than JP's worst game ever. Even worse than JP fumbling against the Jets. But wouldn't you know it, as soon as Trent started to look like an NFL quarterback on that last drive, didn't the Bills choose to run it up the middle and go for a long field goal? Can you imagine the post-game comments that TO would have made?

That's going to be the most fun part of this season. Watching the TO melt down when he gets a real look at the Bills' mind numbing offensive schemes on gameday. To me, since Jauron has come to town, the Bills have seriously have looked like they don't want to score. That it's not that high of a priority. I can't even imagine what happens with TO on the sideline this year, holy crap. Get your popcorn ready. :thumbsup: