Weird computer problem that's been affecting me for a few days.

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing a weird problem for the last few days and was hoping that I could get some helpful advice here.

Here are the symptoms:

- when I scroll my mouse around the edges of my desktop, it stops when it reaches the top, bottom and left edge of the screen. However, it continues going past the visible right hand edge.

- when creating a new message in my email program, the new window opens outside the visible limits of my desktop and I am unable to access it. (again, this is happening past the right side of my screen.)

I'm using Vista 64 bit and have been experiencing no other problems.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

(I said, helpful)

Cheers guys.

GO BILLS!

Thanks for that. I checked to see if I had it set up for a dual monitor and sure enough... that was it.

However, after properly reconfiguring it, the windows for any new email messages still go "outside" the visible view until I maximize it via the toolbar. (I really hope I'm making sense.) In other words... if I maximize the message window, I can see it but if I "restore down" the window, it looks like it shoots out of the visible window.

If Vista 64-bit is crappy, what do you suggest I do? The system has been running great since I bought this machine about a 1/2 year ago.

There's your problem.

yet!

Seriously, check and see if you have a dual monitor set-up.

Thanks for that. I checked to see if I had it set up for a dual monitor and sure enough... that was it.

However, after properly reconfiguring it, the windows for any new email messages still go "outside" the visible view until I maximize it via the toolbar. (I really hope I'm making sense.) In other words... if I maximize the message window, I can see it but if I "restore down" the window, it looks like it shoots out of the visible window.

If Vista 64-bit is crappy, what do you suggest I do? The system has been running great since I bought this machine about a 1/2 year ago.

That might be something with Vista ... it seems to ne remembering the old location ... try re-booting ... what apps is it happening in?

I've rebooted but it's still happening.

I only seem to be having problems with Windows Mail

That might be something with Vista ... it seems to ne remembering the old location ... try re-booting ... what apps is it happening in?

How would a new mouse affect the way that Windows Mail opens up new windows? (Not saying you're wrong... I just don't understand how a new mouse would affect this.)

Try a new mouse. They all fail in time, and in their progressive failure, they can act differently with different programming. Strange to think so, but it's happened to me through the years.

At the least, you eliminate a variable.

Try a new mouse. They all fail in time, and in their progressive failure, they can act differently with different programming. Strange to think so, but it's happened to me through the years.

At the least, you eliminate a variable.

How would a new mouse affect the way that Windows Mail opens up new windows? (Not saying you're wrong... I just don't understand how a new mouse would affect this.)

I think stuckincincy is a mouse salesman ... lol Seriously, sometimes mice are programmed to respond differently to different apps.

Try this ... open the app(s) that you're are opening off screen ... "Alt-Tab" to select it, "Alt", "Enter", "Left Arrow", "M", then use your arrow keys to move the window to where you can see it, then hit "Enter". Close the app and re-open and it should open where you moved it to.